User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(member) Thu 26-Jan-17 01:49:25
Print Post

Relish.net, no email, my options are?

[link to this post]

So when you join Relish.net your not given any kind of email account and i still have a tesco.net account i'd like to hold on to and use.
When i joined Plusnet i was able to still use my thunderbird software and tesco account by putting "relay.plusnet" into my thunderbird software and still use as per normal.
Now how can i still go about doing this now i am with relish, can i still use Thurnderbird software and what kind of system will i have to use to post and reply to newsgroups as well as my email using the thunderbird software.

All1
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 26-Jan-17 03:23:28
Print Post

Re: Relish.net, no email, my options are?

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

You asked this about 2 or 3 years ago
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/wirelessbb/t/436540...
You just need access to a SMTP server. You could use gmail for example: https://www.authsmtp.co.uk/gmail/index.html if Relish don't provide one.
Standard User alloneword
(member) Thu 26-Jan-17 18:24:06
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
You asked this about 2 or 3 years ago
Yes but i never took up their service as using their router the connection was too unreliable but now using external antenna means i have a decent service and am 95% sure i will make the jump from "normal" isp to this 4g option, as i'm going to be at least 12 months before my area gets anything better then it's current 3-4mbits.
IMO in the tech world 2-3 years is a very long time indeed and wanted to see if things had changed and suggestions for my options.

All1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 26-Jan-17 18:40:16
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

I suggest you ask their support desk if they provide an SMTP server for you to send mail. If not, you'll have to arrange one yourself, such as the gmail smtp server I mentioned. This will work with Thunderbird.
Standard User alloneword
(member) Thu 26-Jan-17 21:04:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
I suggest you ask their support desk if they provide an SMTP server for you to send mail. If not, you'll have to arrange one yourself, such as the gmail smtp server I mentioned. This will work with Thunderbird.
I have spoke to them and it's a no on the email side and they don't evensuggest one, but looking at the google links it looks ok for my needs

All1
  Print Thread

Jump to