User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Dec-10 01:02:49
Print Post

This is what it's about

[link to this post]

Was with Nildram for ages. Back in the day they were great. Sometimes, if there was an ongoing issue, the first thing you'd hear on the support line was a message saying so, meaning you didn't have to waste time waiting. Pipex took over. Less great, but good enough. Tiscali come in and less great still and the old "ongoing issues" messages had pretty well gone. Average, but on the odd occasions tech was need they answered the phone reasonably quickly.

The Opal/ Talk Talk came in. Web unusable after 4pm and no answer at tech support after 40 mins and unable to log into my control panel. Time to move.

Join Zen. Quick, simple, painless.

A bit later, I suspect that my router is acting up. Not certain, so decide to see if Zen can aid in diagnosis, really expecting 5 mins of platitudes and stating the obvious.

First there was an outgoing message about an ongoing issue. Not relevant to me, but good to hear. Then the phone got answered straight away - and now my memory goes blank and I've forgotten his name. Steve, I think.

Two hours later, after he's taken ownership of the issue and run a bunch of tests and had me running a few more (calling back exactly when he said he would, and not getting arsy when I took a curry delivery), I've narrowed it to probably on my side, but a slight chance of a BT issue and a clear picture of what to monitor.

It was the best IT related CS experience since I was with Direct Connection WAY back before broadband.

Standard User paulcdb
(learned) Sun 19-Dec-10 00:32:10
Print Post

Re: This is what it's about

[re: ian_c] [link to this post]

i think in the whole time i've been with zen, since broadband was first introduced i think i've had to call them twice... first time was probably 10 years ago, second a few years ago and customer service has always been helpful.

talktalk can knock my door all they want with there cheap prices! I've watched friends swap providers so many times and complain of bad service... you get what you pay for wink

hmm... actually having said all that, i never did hear back about a promised zen mug back in April frown lol
Standard User jack8
(experienced) Sun 19-Dec-10 01:21:44
Print Post

[re: paulcdb] [link to this post]

I agree where is my mug

1664 the best year

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Dec-10 02:55:58
Print Post

Talk talk wont leave me alone but I'm sticking with Zen unless I'm slammed.

Tim
ZeN & freenetname
ST546v6 on 8 Meg Active
Check my bad boy speeds out on ZeN
Standard User techguy
(regular) Sun 19-Dec-10 22:03:07
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
Talk talk wont leave me alone but I'm sticking with Zen unless I'm slammed.

Unless our stupid regulator goes ahead with its plans to remove the need for a MAC to migrate a connection you are pretty safe.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Active 8000 (I'd like to get in on the FTTP trial)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User Tox_Laximus
(regular) Tue 21-Dec-10 12:09:43
Print Post

How to get a zen mug?

My Broadband Speed TestMy Broadband Speed Test
Standard User paulcdb
(learned) Mon 27-Dec-10 17:22:45
Print Post

[re: Tox_Laximus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tox_Laximus:
How to get a zen mug?

lol, i can't remember what i even posted, i forgot about it until i seen the pm when i login.

You just have to be awesome... which probably explains why i never got one in the end tongue
Standard User techguy
(regular) Tue 28-Dec-10 08:17:40
Print Post

Perhaps they are given to customers that have been with Zen for a long time.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000 (I'd like to get in on the FTTP trial)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User Marz
(committed) Tue 25-Jan-11 07:16:55
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by techguy:

I wish frown

ZeN Pro
Speedtouch 585 v6
Standard User paulcdb
(learned) Sat 29-Jan-11 15:43:29
Print Post

[re: Marz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Marz:
In reply to a post by techguy:

I wish frown

me too... i been with zen since we first got adsl in the area which is not far off 10 years.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to