User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wayneandleanne
(newbie) Mon 14-Feb-11 13:36:42
Print Post

zen and other "niche" isp's

[link to this post]

Can anybody gimme some reasons why i should stay with zen for adsl & phone -vs- some of the other "niche" isp's out there Gradwell, aaisp, etc?
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Mon 14-Feb-11 14:33:26
Print Post

Re: zen and other "niche" isp's

[re: wayneandleanne] [link to this post]

From an employee's point of view, we work on a lot of calls per day, but as a rule in support we follow one main rule, Fix it First time. If we can't fix it, then we will raise it to our suppliers to have it fixed.

Other ISP's are good, but I have been with Zen as a customer for 4yrs and as a staff member for 4yrs. I would not change. Every company will make mistakes, but as someone else on these forums, 'its what they do after they have made them, that will sperate them from the rest.'

Kindest Regards,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(newbie) Mon 14-Feb-11 17:14:47
Print Post

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

yes i agree zen's tech support is simply great, BUT what about offering services over the be network????

as an example?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wanapoo
(member) Mon 14-Feb-11 17:30:15
Print Post

erm, do these count ?

"You dont have to abreviate their company name when posting about them."

"Their company name is really easy to spell"
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Mon 14-Feb-11 17:37:13
Print Post

I honestly can't comment on whether or not we have looked in that direction. I understand that over the B.E network you do not have to worry about BTW's network issues, or common faults associated with this, however I can say that we (Zen) are working with BTW on a daily basis to help them find and remove issues, not only on thier network but with the process that allow us to comunicate with them.

This is not by any means a quick fix, however if we dont raise the issues and ask if these issues can be looked at in the same way you would raise a fault to us, then what kind of ISP would we be?

Kindest Regards,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Mon 14-Feb-11 23:11:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by wayneandleanne:
yes i agree zen's tech support is simply great, BUT what about offering services over the be network????

as an example?

Hear hear - lets have an alternate platform to the shocking BTWS system and all its faults...

I believe BT will never be beaten into submission by the ISP's and will never give the access & control (to the EU) as the full LLU providers do at the moment. Why flog a dead horse ?
Standard User alewis
(experienced) Tue 15-Feb-11 08:47:53
Print Post

as an example?

What services are you referring to, or do you have in mind? Did you mean Be, as in the ISP, or BT as in typo? wink Most of the chargeable services offered by BT can be had for free anyway. The bandwidth allowance is, imho, restrictive and regressive. The TV services are dependant on you having a decent connection. The call services, well, BT is telco first and foremost, the 'niche' ISPs are just that, so its not really an apples-for-apples comparison. However, in the real world people don't make like-for-like comparisons, so I would suggest looking at other call providers and/or VOIP services.

Or, if you can wire up a separates hi-fi system or program a VCR, then you have the skills to home-brew most of the services offered.

TV. Forget Virgin, Sky, BTVision. Many modern sets have freeview and freesat/HD receivers inbuilt. If you need PVR/EPG/multichannel, buy a Dreambox and a hard disk. A Sky box receives around 300 channels. The same dish on Dreamview - 1100 channels. Not enough? Add a motor unit for £50, which the Dreambox can control, and access >22000 channels. There is still nothing to watch, though wink Oh, and you can chose the size of hard disk, so not limited to approx 80hours...

Voice. You have heard of Skype, of course. Now add, for free, a full blown PABX. Your own complete voice network out-of-the-box. As many features as you want or dont want, including per-individual voice mail, call forwarding, call logging,IVR, follow-me, accounting, etc etc etc. Asterix, FreeSwitch, PBX-in-box, all do this. And the hardware requirements are minimal. I've seen this running on an old linksys router (!!)

Vault services - online data backup. Google, Microsoft, and others all offer on-line data storage. Most give away 2GB for free. Do you really need more? Then perhaps a 4gb USB or SD card on a keyring might be better - and much faster.

Security services - I wouldn't touch Nortons, McAfees, Panda, or anything else with a bargepole. Avira - free - is much better, and can be un-installed without reformatting the hard disk. And is far less intrusive in use.

Give me a small dedicated ISP anyday.

The views expressed here are mine alone, and do NOT reflect those of my employer, present or previous.
(newbie) Tue 15-Feb-11 08:51:08
Print Post

[re: alewis] [link to this post]

Quote" http://www.bewholesale.co.uk/"
Standard User alewis
(experienced) Tue 15-Feb-11 08:53:17
Print Post

Quote" http://www.bewholesale.co.uk/"

"ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND"

edit: found!

The views expressed here are mine alone, and do NOT reflect those of my employer, present or previous.

Edited by alewis (Tue 15-Feb-11 08:56:14)

(newbie) Tue 15-Feb-11 08:59:18
Print Post

[re: alewis] [link to this post]

bewholesale.co.uk
works for me

Just an idea zen
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to