User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mb1980y
(member) Wed 16-Feb-11 18:19:58
Print Post

Does this look right ?

[link to this post]

Hi all

Does this look normal at all, ever since a bt engineer came out my sync on my router seems to be sticking to 1mb, normally 6mb.

I have also tried this direct to the test socket with a filter, no change.

Downstream 1149kbps, LN - 45db NM - 24db
Upstream 872kbps, LN - 13.5db NM - 5db

Should i contact anyone as i have a profile at 500, 512mb bb isnt fun.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Formula blitz | Q6600 b3 @ 2.4ghz | OCZ 2048MB DDR2 PC8800 Gold Edition | WD RAPTOR 76GB & 320gb Hitachi | 512MB XFX HD4850 DDR5 PCI-E | Thermaltake Big Typhoon | XP
Laptop Amilo 1630a - starting to crack stupid cheap plastic frown
Standard User jphilip
(member) Wed 16-Feb-11 22:15:39
Print Post

Re: Does this look right ?

[re: mb1980y] [link to this post]

You should contact support and ask them to lower your target SNR. They are sometimes reluctant to do this but if you explain about the BT engineering work that might help.
ISP Representative SkyFire
(isp) Thu 17-Feb-11 08:07:42
Print Post

[re: jphilip] [link to this post]

Definitely worth contacting Support, but probably best to give us the opportunity to determine what is happening; as we may see things that indicate something other than a change to target SNR is appropriate. Best to prescribe a remedy once we know the cause. smile

ta,
Phil.

--
Phil Long
ZeN Performance and Process Improvement Manager
iMac 24" and MacBook Pro 15.4" - Leopard-tastic

Please note, I will not respond to unsolicited private messages.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mb1980y
(member) Thu 17-Feb-11 09:12:18
Print Post

[re: SkyFire] [link to this post]

yeah I have logged a call with zen, I had another play around last night but no luck.

Am i right in saying that my bras profile wont change due to my sync remaining at 1mb ?

Even tired just the router into filter into test socket and still sync'd at 1mb with the same db levels. ( no phone connected )

ASUS Formula blitz | Q6600 b3 @ 2.4ghz | OCZ 2048MB DDR2 PC8800 Gold Edition | WD RAPTOR 76GB & 320gb Hitachi | 512MB XFX HD4850 DDR5 PCI-E | Thermaltake Big Typhoon | XP
Laptop Amilo 1630a - starting to crack stupid cheap plastic frown
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 17-Feb-11 13:09:14
Print Post

[re: mb1980y] [link to this post]

I'd hazzard a guess this is 21CN and a fixed speed profile has been given to the line.

Don't worry about IP Profile at all until the sync improves

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mb1980y
(member) Sat 26-Feb-11 21:16:13
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

this is still an ongoing issue and zen are been very helpful, im yet to try a different router as this is the only thing that i havent tried yet.

What I am noticing is that this speed drop can happen 1 or 2 times a day and around that the speed is perfect and stable, what can cause your speed to crawl to snail pace one minute and be perfect a couple of hours or so later ? Its like someone flicks a switch and boom goes my speed.

this all happens connect to the test socket.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus P6X58D-E Intel | Intel Core i7 950 | Corsair XMS3 6gb | Crucial RealSSD C300 | 2 X 1GB MSI GTX 460 Hawks | Prolimatech mega black | Win 7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Print Thread

Jump to