User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative Pontefract
(isp) Fri 18-Feb-11 16:33:07
Print Post

Interview with Richard Tang

[link to this post]

Hi,

An interview from this months North West Business Insider with Richard Tang is now online, thought I'd share the link here for those that might be interested:

http://www.insidermedia.com/productsandservices/arch...

--
Paul Simpson
Zen Technical Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Marz
(committed) Fri 18-Feb-11 17:00:10
Print Post

Re: Interview with Richard Tang

[re: Pontefract] [link to this post]

Interesting read, thanks for the link smile

ZeN Pro
Speedtouch 585 v6
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Feb-11 20:29:49
Print Post

Very interesting and inspirational.

Tim
ZeN & freenetname
recapped ST546v6 on 8 Meg Active
Check my bad boy speeds out on ZeN

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-Feb-11 21:21:35
Print Post

The fiercest competitors were all based around London Demon, Pipex, PlusNet, Compuserve, Eclipse. Being northern had its advantages, he says.

Isn't that a little bit wrong though.

Plusnet (or should I say Force9) was a Yorkshire startup involving people such as Lee Strafford, Al Wyse and Paul Cusack.

The other one I am sure about but not quite 100% on is Eclipse. I'm sure they were Devon based (Exeter)?

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 18-Feb-11 23:51:53
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
The fiercest competitors were all based around London Demon, Pipex, PlusNet, Compuserve, Eclipse. Being northern had its advantages, he says.

Isn't that a little bit wrong though.

Plusnet (or should I say Force9) was a Yorkshire startup involving people such as Lee Strafford, Al Wyse and Paul Cusack.

The other one I am sure about but not quite 100% on is Eclipse. I'm sure they were Devon based (Exeter)?

Matt
It's obvious Richard Tang doesn't understand his market laugh

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User RandomJointer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Feb-11 20:58:47
Print Post

>>The other one I am sure about but not quite 100% on is Eclipse. I'm sure they were Devon based (Exeter)?

My money is on Eclipse wholesaling many of the 'other' FTTC providers that market here on ThinkBroadband apart from BT and Zen.

Who is the 'real' provider providing 'uno/xilo' FTTC services?

Edited by RandomJointer (Sun 20-Feb-11 21:06:32)

Standard User Dash
(learned) Mon 21-Feb-11 13:07:45
Print Post

I thought Demon was Scottish...

Good article though, it's nice to see a commercial organisation not focusing entirely on grabbing money. A boss who has an active interest in the product the organisation sells is also a rare thing!
Standard User techguy
(member) Mon 21-Feb-11 23:45:05
Print Post

[re: Dash] [link to this post]

Good article and he comes across as being a nice guy who actually cares about his staff, customers and his product so I think he can be forgiven the idd slip up, perhaps he may have meant infrastructure wise when he mentioned companies being based around London?

I have to say I've moved around quite a bit and tried the cheaper ISPs (as you'll see from my sig) but Zen has always been the best and I wouldn't move again.

As regards Demon. they were a London based firm (Finchley I believe) which were bought out by the Scottish Telecoms operator Thus which have been acquired by Cable and Wireless.

Eclipse was started in Exeter and was acquired by Kingston Communications.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000 (I'd like to get in on the FTTP trial)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Tue 22-Feb-11 16:12:20
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by techguy:
Good article and he comes across as being a nice guy who actually cares about his staff, customers and his product ...

He does care about his Staff and Customers. To be able to keep them happy Richard does need to change his products to suit not only the Market, but to be able to keep them sustainable.

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User techguy
(member) Tue 22-Feb-11 19:58:01
Print Post

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

Well I speak as a very satisfied customer and Zen is the only broadband ISP I recommend now.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to