User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User peaks
(newbie) Tue 15-Mar-11 07:11:58
Print Post

FTTC Availability

[link to this post]

Hey,

Anyone know whats up with Samknows? It now shows a matched result on my line (telephone number & postcode) as FTTC available (was previously scheduled for March 11) - which apparently uses the BT system tags on the line checker, but yet all other availability checkers, bt.com/infinity, adsl wholesale checker (http://www.dslchecker.bt.com) and zen, now say June 30th - versus March 31 as previously shown.

Just wonder which is correct and if Zen are able to check any other diagnostics with BT to confirm either way.

Thanks,

Phil.
Standard User mickbzen
(newbie) Tue 15-Mar-11 16:52:55
Print Post

Re: FTTC Availability

[re: peaks] [link to this post]

Hi

Please can you send me your phone number and ill happily check this for you.

Regards
Mick Bolton
Zen Internet Customer Services
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 15-Mar-11 17:01:08
Print Post

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mickbzen:
Hi

Please can you send me your phone number and ill happily check this for you.
Mick, It may be wise to prove you work for Zen before asking for personal info

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User peaks
(newbie) Tue 15-Mar-11 18:04:33
Print Post

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

PM sent - thanks Mick
Standard User alewis
(experienced) Wed 16-Mar-11 08:26:47
Print Post

Its nothing more than BTs way of constantly moving the goalposts. Where I live, the availability has changed more times than a [censored]'s drawers, but in a consistent pattern; it is set at the end of a quarter, two-three weeks before that date it is moved back a further three months.

IMHO, if your tel number or post code exhibits this jumping date syndrome, then it is unlikely you will see Infinity. I hope I'm wrong...

The views expressed here are mine alone, and do NOT reflect those of my employer, present or previous.
ISP Representative dazhaywood
(isp) Thu 17-Mar-11 14:46:36
Print Post

Hi,

Just for verification, Mick does work for Zen and is now in the process of getting the ISP tag sorted, along with sorting your query if he's not already.

HTH

Darren

Darren Haywood -
ZeN Project Co-ordinator
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User undecidedadrian
(learned) Thu 17-Mar-11 14:49:20
Print Post

also the infinity site has had a face lift yet the map of when it is coming still has some very old dates on it.

mine still shows end march 2011 on the map when we got moved to 1 july at the start of the year.

Who ever is in charge of the site needs to get information updated properly.
Standard User Cobolman
(newbie) Fri 18-Mar-11 20:42:10
Print Post

[re: undecidedadrian] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by undecidedadrian:
also the infinity site has had a face lift yet the map of when it is coming still has some very old dates on it.

mine still shows end march 2011 on the map when we got moved to 1 july at the start of the year.

Who ever is in charge of the site needs to get information updated properly.

You're lucky - up until this revised site I was told I could get up to 29.6Mbps on Infinity, now I'm told it's not due to be rolled out in my area. Out of the 9 houses on my cul-de-sac at least 2 of them currently have BT Infinity - putting their house numbers and postcode into the checker gives the same message I get with my phone number.
The problem now is that I can't upgrade to Zen's FTTC service!
Standard User mickbzen
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-11 12:11:48
Print Post

[re: Cobolman] [link to this post]

Hi

If you want to send me the phone number that your broadband is on ill look into this for you.

Regards
Mick Bolton
Zen Internet Customer Services
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Mar-11 12:27:10
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

mines the same, phone number and post code on samknows says I can get FTTC, the cab is installed and running, yet the BT wholesale checker says June 30th and the BT post code checker says I can't get it at all.

Bt really need to sort this out useless idiots.

o2 LLU
ROUTER:-DGN2000
Sync 17848D 1412U Annex A
Att:-35.0dB Down 17.4dB Up
SNR:-1.5dB Down 3.1dB Up
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to