User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ste__
(experienced) Sat 26-Mar-11 11:34:07
Print Post

Zen Fibre Office Pro....

[link to this post]

Hi All,

Im currently looking into renewing our corporate leased line, but also considering VDSL alternatives from Zen. Their home office pro product will probably fit our bill but have a few questions:

1. How much extra is a block of 8 IP's?
2. Can I do a combined PSTN/VDSL order - so my phone line and DSL is on one bill from Zen?
3. What service level is "guaranteed" on both the BT and Zen side? Can't find anything about either of these anywhere....

Thanks chaps smile

--
schadenfreude n. the malicious enjoyment of another's misfortunes

A happy PlusNetter crazy
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Sun 27-Mar-11 11:18:43
Print Post

Re: Zen Fibre Office Pro....

[re: ste__] [link to this post]

Morning,

The first 2 are easy to answer:

1. How much extra is a block of 8 IP's?
A: Comes standard if you request this at the time of Order

2. Can I do a combined PSTN/VDSL order - so my phone line and DSL is on one bill from Zen?
A: Yes you can. Zen now do phone line rental and Voice services which can be combined.

Number 3 however is easy to answer to a point:

3. What service level is "guaranteed" on both the BT and Zen side? Can't find anything about either of these anywhere....
A: It is a provided as a 'Best Effort Service.' This means we will do all we can to make sure any downtime is minimal, however the is no Gaurantee on this service and no SLA. This is consistent with all DSL based products,

When coming from a Leased Line, this can be a bit daunitng, however when you look at the cost of adding a second line and using a single Router that has Dual Wan, then you will be able to combine both lines for a reduncy. This will work in a simalar manner to the DSL Backup services Zen provides with the Leased Lines as standard.

I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

Edited by Azzaka (Sun 27-Mar-11 11:27:49)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ste__
(experienced) Mon 28-Mar-11 01:05:10
Print Post

Re: Zen Fibre Office Pro....

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

Thank you for your response smile

--
schadenfreude n. the malicious enjoyment of another's misfortunes

A happy PlusNetter crazy

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to