User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User peaks
(newbie) Thu 28-Apr-11 10:11:22
Print Post

FTTC Speed Test

[link to this post]

Have literally just been migrated to FTTC from Zen.

I'd like to do a speed test but the speedtester.bt.com site seems unable to validate my user it based on the phone number I have entered. I figure this is just the internal systems updating though so no biggie.

However, the open reach guy says I have synch'd at 39,992 with an upload of 1,900. Yet - all the speed tests I have done, including this sites, indicates a max speed of 24Mbit down and 1.7 up.

Using the test files from fuller.zen.co.uk it is downloading at 2.45 megabytes a second.

Is this correct for almost a full synch? Wonder what my IP Profile is set to? Any other ways to find out other than bt speedtester?

Thanks,

Phil.
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Apr-11 11:30:27
Print Post

Re: FTTC Speed Test

[re: peaks] [link to this post]

Was the speedtest done wired, wireless or homeplugs? At a sync of 39992 I would guess that you would have a profile of 38717 down. I Could not use the BT speedtest the first day I was connected to Infinity, so you are probably correct in that it is the system updating.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Standard User peaks
(newbie) Thu 28-Apr-11 11:57:38
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

It was wired, literally just after the engineer left and I had configured the router smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User peaks
(newbie) Thu 28-Apr-11 18:40:45
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

Ah! You are correct!

IP Profile for your line is - 38717 Kbps smile

Pulling 27Mbit at the moment via speedtester.bt.com - which is working now smile probably could go faster but allowing for time of day and wifi ..

Just tried speedtest.net ..

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1272714720.png

36.5 Mbit will do me smile
  Print Thread

Jump to