User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User aquilla
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-May-11 15:11:31
Print Post

Farewell

[link to this post]

I'm afraid the time has come to change ISPs. The reason for the change is NOT because of poor service / support - this has been excellent over the past 9 years I've been with Zen. The reason two-fold. Firstly my requirements have changed and secondly I need to cut my outgoings. I am paying a premium and that has been reflected in the level of service I have received, however I cannot continue at this rate. Zen have shown that they listen to customers, when only last year I migrated from a legacy 2Mbps product to Zen Pro 20Mbps service I asked about a loyalty discount and was happy to be told I could continue paying the legacy product price (about £30) for the Zen Pro product (£35). It's only £5 a month, but it shows Zen respect their customers loyalty.

Anyway, where will I go. I've done some research and I think it's time to give LLU a try (previously I didn't move to LLU because the whole line was moved and I didn't want my phone service to move). After some research I think it'll be a move to Xilo and their Pro 16 package (provided as C&W LLU).

Thanks for all the good times (and the mug). Maybe I'll be a back at a later date. smile

/signing off.

Regards,

Stuart

Zen Pro - "Up to 20Mbit Broadband"
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Thu 05-May-11 15:24:52
Print Post

Re: Farewell

[re: aquilla] [link to this post]

So long and Farewall aquilla.

I hope it all goes well, do drop by with an update from time time.

All the Best,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Helan
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-May-11 12:21:14
Print Post

Good luck Stuart, hope all goes well with the move don't be a stranger and thank you for all your help over the years smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Fri 06-May-11 14:26:34
Print Post

Hi

Can you PM me your account details and ill ask our cancellations team to look and see if there is anything we can do for you.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User aquilla
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-May-11 15:07:46
Print Post

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

Hi Mick,

I'll PM you my username. I haven't generated my MAC code from the portal yet (been kinda busy with other stuff) so if they can do something extra (remember I've got a £5 /month discount on the Zen Pro package already) then I may consider it.

Regards,

Stuart

Standard User aquilla
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-May-11 16:31:14
Print Post

[re: Helan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Helan:
Good luck Stuart, hope all goes well with the move don't be a stranger and thank you for all your help over the years smile

Thanks Helen. I'm sure I'll pop back from time to time to see how things are progressing (unless Mick B / Zen can offer something special).

Regards,

Stuart

ISP Representative Pontefract
(isp) Sat 07-May-11 11:18:08
Print Post

Hi Stuart,

Sorry to see you're going, hope all goes well.

As Leo said - don't be a stranger on your old ISPs forum smile

--
Paul Simpson
Zen Technical Support
Standard User techguy
(member) Sat 07-May-11 16:42:44
Print Post

[re: Pontefract] [link to this post]

Could always do what I have done.

Drop back to Lite (and the good folks on cancellations gave me a discount) and then buy up some banked bandwidth which will keep rolling over so I can use my connection as much as I like because if I go over the 10GB I have the safety net of my banked bandwidth.

So I've got Zen's terrific service at a price comparable with some of the mass market ISPs.

I don't intend moving anywhere now.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User aquilla
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-May-11 00:34:28
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Hi techguy,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately 10GB month as a basic package would not be enough for our household - BBC iplayer and Youtube. I could downgrade to 50GB and possibly wangle a discount however I would still have to buy some bandwidth just in case.

Regards,

Stuart

Standard User aquilla
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-May-11 00:39:25
Print Post

[re: Pontefract] [link to this post]

Hi Pontefract,

I have a quick question. In order to generate a MAC code via the portal I have to go into the "Cancel Service" section. Providing I state the new ISP, will Zen just generate a MAC code and not actually cancel the service. Am I right in thinking if the MAC code isn't used within 30 days it expires and my service continues? You guys are my first and only Broadband ISP. smile

Regards,

Stuart

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to