User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Fri 12-Aug-11 12:20:29
Print Post

Re: Contention / Traffic shaping

[re: TalkTalk1969] [link to this post]

I'm with you, but there comes a point where putting a skipping broken record out of its misery is actually the right thing to do.

The apparent grandeur persona that Tox puts across in his posts is amusing, but it becomes tiresome. The thread has achieved its purpose (it's had enough replies) and quite frankly, if you cut away all the [censored] in it, it just comes down to him probably being on a poor exchange (in BT terms) and so yes, moving to a different provider, has resulted in an improvement.

Yet, he's quite adamant that it is all Zen's fault, and more over, he's quite intent on continuing to push this (in my view) flawed belief down other's throats, to prove a point (of which there is non to prove). It's simple, if you aren't happy with your ISP, you move (which he has done, god bless, and it has been a success for him!). You don't waste your energy protesting about it further on forums, digging up a now stale thread which has now served is purpose.

Peace smile

Now on <aaisp.net>
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Aug-11 18:12:38
Print Post

[re: TalkTalk1969] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TalkTalk1969:
Locking a thread will come across as bad also as it will seem the site is "protecting" Zen.

Thinkbroadband do not moderate in a bias fashion, if they lock a thread they will have good reason. Anyone who reads the OP(ost), by the OP(oster) in question will see he was not even aware his line went through the BT network to get to Zen when he initially made such claims, therefore, any further claims must be taken with a pinch of salt unless evidence provided!!

(member) Fri 12-Aug-11 19:44:55
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Sky are now doing what O2 did, lowering prices and offering bundles to drum up custom for their TV, phone and broadband service.

Over time the network will become overloaded but luckly for Sky, Easynet, which is the company they acquired and is actually the network you use, poured lots of money into their network (just like Zen do) and were/are still a respected business ISP (also like Zen)

Unfortunately however, for most customers you have to factor in the BT effect meaning you can be stuck on a congested exchange which I do firmly believe was the cause of your triubles Tox.

Please try using an actual traffic managed ISP, then you will have a legitimate gripe.

I do wish Zen would unundle some exchanges down south as I think they could do a far better job than BT and they are perhaps the only ISP I'd be happy to commit to a 12 month contract with as the service I have received has always been superb.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Tox_Laximus
(member) Mon 15-Aug-11 21:56:27
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Well of course sky are going to shift bandwidth from me to keep new customers happy or cram more and more onto the same modem, 6 to 12 months after starting a contract this will happen, then I will lay into them and if its not fixed then its off to somewhere else.

You want proof then do some speed tests.

Stuff I have noticed since the conservatives are back...

My doctors surgery were 'losing' repeat prescriptions for expensive medication.

TV censorship increased.

A couple of riots, one caused by not letting poor people go to university, another because of police brutality and no future for the young in this country, does minors strike and poll tax riots ring a bell?

And not to stray too much because of hovering mods ... this government likes to let businesses off the collar, charging the same money for half the service for example.

I will keep quiet and never come back here again, if someone can tell me of just one thing that has improved in this country, this would make me happy smile

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Aug-11 22:16:59
Print Post

[re: Tox_Laximus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tox_Laximus:
Well of course sky are going to shift bandwidth from me to keep new customers happy or cram more and more onto the same modem, 6 to 12 months after starting a contract this will happen, then I will lay into them and if its not fixed then its off to somewhere else.

TV censorship increased.

A couple of riots, one caused by not letting poor people go to university, another because of police brutality and no future for the young in this country, does minors strike and poll tax riots ring a bell?

And not to stray too much because of hovering mods ... this government likes to let businesses off the collar, charging the same money for half the service for example.

I will keep quiet and never come back here again, if someone can tell me of just one thing that has improved in this country, this would make me happy smile

You belong in FC... oh hang on... maybe you already are in FC.....

(member) Mon 15-Aug-11 23:24:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Pipexer:

TV censorship increased.

You belong in FC... oh hang on... maybe you already are in FC.....

FC?

Is this fc in this country and has it improved?

Go stick your head back in your bucket of sand...

My Broadband Speed Test
(member) Mon 15-Aug-11 23:34:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by TalkTalk1969:
Locking a thread will come across as bad also as it will seem the site is "protecting" Zen.

Thinkbroadband do not moderate in a bias fashion, if they lock a thread they will have good reason. Anyone who reads the OP(ost), by the OP(oster) in question will see he was not even aware his line went through the BT network to get to Zen when he initially made such claims, therefore, any further claims must be taken with a pinch of salt unless evidence provided!!

LOL, you've been hovering over me for ages looking for any excuse to delete this post, been working on your backhanders?

How come the same exchange with sky can give me 7.5Mbps every time I checked, when zen was 3Mbps and off peak 6Mbps?

Look at sig?

6.9 on TBB speed test but that test is a little conservative, just like you.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Tox_Laximus (Mon 15-Aug-11 23:36:18)

(member) Tue 16-Aug-11 01:04:17
Print Post

Whether it is contention or shaping does not matter, what matters is for whatever reason zen now decide to do this and charge the same money while the customer gets half their connection.

Perhaps it is your local exchange? Therefore a BT problem and not Zen's fault..

You should do a speedtest using the bt speedtest domain to see if that is also slow, which will point the finger at exchange contention.

Do you work for zen or something?

Its not the exchange, go back to sleep.

My Broadband Speed Test
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 16-Aug-11 16:12:21
Print Post

[re: Tox_Laximus] [link to this post]

And as things get non-sensical am closing the thread.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to