User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User theferret
(newbie) Tue 24-May-11 16:21:25
Print Post

Farewell

[link to this post]

I saw another similar farewell note earlier, and I am off too. Long time customer since 2005 originally on the Zen Home 250 package smile

EDIT - I was fed up but there is no point airing my frustrations here.

Edited by theferret (Tue 24-May-11 16:47:49)

Standard User Tox_Laximus
(member) Mon 30-May-11 23:00:29
Print Post

Re: Farewell

[re: theferret] [link to this post]

Yeah, no point wasting time, its best to just move along.

My Broadband Speed TestMy Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Sauronator
(newbie) Sun 05-Jun-11 17:10:23
Print Post

A steady flow of farewells. Wasn't this unknown at one time with Zen?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Sun 05-Jun-11 18:40:03
Print Post

[re: Sauronator] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sauronator:
A steady flow of farewells. Wasn't this unknown at one time with Zen?
It's not just Zen. BT have taken any meaningful diagnostic and control tools out of the hands of those using BT wholesale. The impact is that any problem raised with BT simply gets a response of, 'it's working so that's good enough'.

Unless Zen grows to a serious size, either organically or by acquisition, BT are unlikely to take much notice of any complaints. The alternative is for Zen to find another supplier such as TT wholesale.
Standard User theferret
(newbie) Thu 09-Jun-11 09:50:02
Print Post

[re: Tox_Laximus] [link to this post]

As an update, I migrated yesterday to Talk Talk LLU. Some might say oppposite ends of the ISP spectrum, friends and relatives are stunned at my decision but clearly you don't make a jump without good reason.

I wanted to choose a quality ISP originally having picked Zen all the way back in 2005. However recent experience with them made me strongly question whether I indeed got that added value from the higher cost.

Not every Zen customer is a happy one but there are options in the marketplace.

Talk Talk switched everything on in time as promised, provided all necessary documentation and it was a seamless change.

Too early to tell whether this was the right move but I am saving a lot of money already with no Zen DD this month.
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Thu 09-Jun-11 13:20:12
Print Post

Do keep us updated wont you. And I am gald it all went well.

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Tox_Laximus
(member) Sun 12-Jun-11 10:07:20
Print Post

My connection with sky turned out good, actually a bit faster and less contention, some of the cheap isp's are not so bad.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Sun 12-Jun-11 11:15:58
Print Post

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Azzaka:
Do keep us updated wont you. And I am gald it all went well.
Not sure whether you are able to answer this, but are the BT Wholesale connections Zen supplies, based on WBMC or WBC? There is a significant difference between them in the extent to which the ISP has control over the connection. Mainly in the extent of the tools available to the ISP.

With WBMC the ISP is wholly at the mercy of BT when it comes to fault diagnosis which is one of the reasons people are leaving the BT based ISPs and moving to LLU suppliers.

Edited by Tacitus (Sun 12-Jun-11 11:16:39)

Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Sun 12-Jun-11 14:29:34
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tacitus:
With WBMC the ISP is wholly at the mercy of BT when it comes to fault diagnosis which is one of the reasons people are leaving the BT based ISPs and moving to LLU suppliers.

It's not just that its all of BT's shonky back end systems too like there DLM settings and consistant line faults/problems.

Zen need to urgently find a 3rd party LLU wholesale network to work with if there not going to push there own LLU outside of the North West. The number of outages on BT vs LLU is shocking for example.

I already have a supplier lined up to take on all my new customers & later existing BTWS lines as I'm getting to the point now its costing more to chase BT faults and line problems than it is to move people to another platform even with the downtime/disruption involved.
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Sun 12-Jun-11 16:06:53
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by IamQ:
Zen need to urgently find a 3rd party LLU wholesale network to work with if there not going to push there own LLU outside of the North West. The number of outages on BT vs LLU is shocking for example.
I'm not sure at what point moving to WBC would be a proposition - AFAIK it depends largely on the number of subscribers. Maybe Zen aren't large enough to move to WBC, but too big to move to another supplier given the problems that would be caused.

What I was really trying to get at is whether Zen have any more of BTs diagnostic tools available to them than do other BT Wholesale based suppliers who would be on WBMC on which BT appear to have removed any meaningful diagnostic tools.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to