User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(member) Thu 14-Jul-11 18:08:39
Print Post

BRAS tweaking still possible?

[link to this post]

When I regraded back to the 8000 products I spoke to support as I was still getting 350kbps

The issue was referred to the provisioning team who tweaked the IP profile and the throughput went up in a couple of hours.

I was trying to help someone with a domain issue on another forum and changed the DNS servers from Zen's to a third party's for a time. (yep I know I should have done it in Windows but hindsight is a wonderful thing)

Anyway, the changes meant a couple of resyncs due to the router design (Netgear DG834G v4)

Have a sync of 2752 down and BT speedtester shows an IP profile of 2500 but actual throughput is around 1932 Kbps, previously I had throughput of around 2384 kbps.

Before I contact support are they still able to do anything as I know the tools were changed according what I read on another ISP forum.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Thu 14-Jul-11 18:09:59)

ISP Representative Pontefract
(isp) Fri 15-Jul-11 00:38:28
Print Post

Re: BRAS tweaking still possible?

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Hi Techguy,

PM me with username and I'll sort this out for you in the morning smile

--
Paul Simpson
Zen Technical Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User techguy
(member) Fri 15-Jul-11 09:14:16
Print Post

[re: Pontefract] [link to this post]

Hi Paul

PM sent.

Many thanks

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User techguy
(member) Fri 15-Jul-11 09:35:03
Print Post

Looks like the wonerful BT DLM has lowered the throughput to 2000kbps

Standard User jjones
(regular) Fri 15-Jul-11 11:26:09
Print Post

recently noticed my ADSL Max had dropped from 850k sec to 250k sec. phoned zen who spotted a problem with my ip profile being set to 2000. Took a couple of days for BT to fix it, they do not know why it got stuck on 2000.

chris w on zen support was great, makes a nice change talking to tech support who don't treat you like an moron, spot the problem and put in place the steps to get it fixed.

not the cheapest isp but the service and product are good value.

zen max 6400/343
Standard User techguy
(member) Sat 16-Jul-11 21:30:20
Print Post

[re: jjones] [link to this post]

Well, just to update Paul was as good as his word (never dealt with anyone at Zen who hasn't been I have to say) and this is now humming along again at about 2312 Kbps.

So big thanks Paul.

Edited by techguy (Sat 16-Jul-11 21:31:30)

ISP Representative Pontefract
(isp) Sat 16-Jul-11 23:24:32
Print Post

No problem - glad we could help smile

--
Paul Simpson
Zen Technical Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User techguy
(member) Sun 17-Jul-11 16:52:58
Print Post

[re: Pontefract] [link to this post]

Spoke too soon, DLM has struck again, down to 1.9.

Someone has advised me to replace the microfilter and suggested an ADSL Nation one so have just placed an order.

Will plug it in and see what happens when it arrives.

Edited by techguy (Sun 17-Jul-11 17:18:34)

ISP Representative drefsab
(isp) Mon 18-Jul-11 09:56:31
Print Post

It sounds like there is some underling issue that is causing the DLM system to think your line needs a lower profile, possible small periods of error's. I'm sure Paul will be able to get this looked into smile

Aaron Eldridge
ZeN Internet
Central Monitoring Team
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.
Standard User techguy
(member) Mon 18-Jul-11 11:30:20
Print Post

[re: drefsab] [link to this post]

Yes I have full confidence that Paul and everyone at Zen will do all they can to help me, that company whose name we do not speak of but is often referred to simply as 'the supplier', not so much.

smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to