User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mac_d
(regular) Sun 24-Jul-11 20:56:44
Print Post

Sunday evening slowdowns

[link to this post]

I know this has probably been done to death before (I posted a few times in 'Download Speeds - Peak Time' thread, but just wondering if anyone else is back to having issues with ridiculously slow speeds at times?

I've made sure my own equipment is sorted as best as possible and as a result have been regularly getting 6.5mb speeds with the occasional drop to 4mb, but in the past few days it's seemed a little slower. Still usable, but tonight, well I've just checked - it's 0.85mb and my ping is up at 177....

I moved to Zen to avoid rubbish like this. I'm loathe to move to another ISP but contention is one thing, this is another and it's utter garbage frown
Standard User mac_d
(regular) Thu 28-Jul-11 14:01:42
Print Post

Re: Sunday evening slowdowns

[re: mac_d] [link to this post]

I know a few people posted in previous threads, but I guess it's just me that's having a problem again...... I've tried all I can do, BT won't view it as a fault even when the connection drops to less than 1mb, so nothing else for me to do but try a LLU provider. Disappointed to leave Zen but hopefully it'll solve this issue!
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Thu 28-Jul-11 14:56:56
Print Post

G'Day Mate,

I take it you called support and ran diagsnostics with us? Can you PM your username so I can have a looksee at the findings to see if we can do anything.

Kindest Regards,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mac_d
(regular) Thu 28-Jul-11 18:20:50
Print Post

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

Thanks Azzaka but I have already been in touch with tech support. Doesn't seem to be any reason for it, so I'm off to try something else. If I move elsewhere and still have the same problem, then it really will become a problem. So as much as I'm disappointed to be leaving Zen after a few years of being happy with the service, I hope I fare better elsewhere!
Standard User techguy
(member) Fri 29-Jul-11 12:34:09
Print Post

If it is exchange congestion then your only choice is LLU.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User mac_d
(regular) Sat 30-Jul-11 12:54:47
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

My thoughts exactly techguy (if there is nothing showing in the diagnostics/stats, what else can it be?). Which is why I'm off to try Be's LLU service.

Another example of why I'm doing so is that at about 11.30am this morning I tested my download speed and it was 650kbs. Tested it again at 12.30pm and it was down to 200kbs, now a bit better at 350kbs.

No point paying a premium price for that, I'd be as well on a £10 a month deal with Sky.....
  Print Thread

Jump to