User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(member) Fri 19-Aug-11 21:58:19
Print Post

Details to leave for Openreach broadband engineer

[link to this post]

Zen have requested a broadband engineer visit to fit an NTE5.

I will be at work at the time but my Mum who is a PA by trade has agreed to work from home on the day to be here for the engineer but I deal with all the tech stuff in the house from mobiles to broadband.

Now my router is already configured with my log in details and set up as a DHCP server to distribute my IP allocation so he should be able to just plug his laptop into it and test.

Although it looks as though Zen have passed BT the full RADIUS username and presumably the password (or Openreach have a way to negate this) should I leave an info sheet containing:

The IP range and router IP
Username and password for the router?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
ISP Representative Pontefract
(isp) Fri 19-Aug-11 23:08:09
Print Post

Re: Details to leave for Openreach broadband engineer

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Hi,

No special preparation should be necessary - the engineer should fit and test the nte5 for you with his own equipment.

--
Paul Simpson
Zen Technical Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User techguy
(member) Sat 20-Aug-11 22:30:38
Print Post

[re: Pontefract] [link to this post]

Thanks.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 22-Aug-11 10:28:37
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Engineer will NOT connect to your network.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User techguy
(member) Mon 22-Aug-11 16:23:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes I did realise the idiocy of what I'd asked just after I posted.

Edited by techguy (Mon 22-Aug-11 16:24:55)

Print Thread

Jump to