User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Flub
(member) Mon 12-Sep-11 10:14:35
Print Post

ADSL won't sync. Getting bounced around

[link to this post]

On Friday my ADSL went dead. Two routers and two different microfilters in the master socket and it won't sync at all. Voice on the same line is perfect.

First Zen tell me to arrange an engineer visit with BT Retail. Then today they tell me I shouldn't have done that because now they can't raise the fault with Openreach. Ok. No problem. Retail have just decided there's no fault so I get to cancel the engineer visit. Call back to Zen (Over 20 minutes in the queue)

"I just need to run some tests. Can I call you back?" GNNNNNNH. How many times are you going to fob me off before someone fixes this?

Zen used to have excellent CS. Now it's as hopeless and uncaring as everyone else. Oh yeah. The very first guy I spoke to lied about calling me back too. Very mainstream there Zen.
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Mon 12-Sep-11 11:34:58
Print Post

Re: ADSL won't sync. Getting bounced around

[re: Flub] [link to this post]

Morning Flub,

Can you PM your details please and I will have it looked into. Also if you could supply me with a contact number, you will be called back.

Kindest Regards,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

Edited by Azzaka (Mon 12-Sep-11 11:35:25)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User iand
(experienced) Tue 13-Sep-11 18:45:43
Print Post

did you get fixed... No response means no then!

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Wed 14-Sep-11 14:20:42
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

The issue was caused by a faulty line card and has been repaired.

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Flub
(member) Wed 14-Sep-11 14:22:32
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Sorry. Been really busy at work today.

Yes. It's all fixed now. Azzaka took charge and pushed things forward really quickly. It turned out to be as I kept telling people a fault at the exchange. A faulty card that was replaced yesterday. I also got my 33 year old master socket replaced with a brand new one. smile

I'm not sure why BT don't get automatic notification when a card fails though. Seems a bit odd.
Standard User techguy
(member) Wed 14-Sep-11 19:47:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by Flub:
I'm not sure why BT don't get automatic notification when a card fails though. Seems a bit odd.

Because that would be proactive and you can never use BT and proactive in the same sentence. smile

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
  Print Thread

Jump to