User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Sun 25-Dec-11 17:32:51
Print Post

Seperate Questions: bRAS profile & ADSL2+

[link to this post]

I didn't think it worth 2 posts, so here are my (hopefully) simple questions!

1 - I just upgrade my Vigor router to a new model (2710n) and my synch speed has increased from 7xxx-ish to 8128, which I believe is the maximum. My bRAS profile is still 6500 as before though. Will this increase eventually as the exchange kit sees my line to be stable, or is it stuck, requiring a call to Zen?

2 - ADSL2+ (and WBC) is on it's way to my exchange (hence the new router). When it comes, do I need to prompt Zen to upgrade me? I'm on the Zen Pro product, which should be the up to 20MB service anyway.

On a seperate note, should anyone from Zen read this message, you have a typo on this page: http://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/broadband/home-offi...

ADSL "up to 8Mbps" products are available on all exchanges in the UK. As with all broadband, actual speed is dependent on the length and quality of your telephone line. Upload speeds are "up to 448kbps" on Lite, Active and Pro and "up to 832Mbps" on our business services, Office and Office Max.

Cheers,
AP

ZeN 8000 Pro
Draytek Vigor 2600G
Standard User aquilla
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Dec-11 21:31:43
Print Post

Re: Seperate Questions: bRAS profile & ADSL2+

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

Hi,

1. The bRAS profile should adjust itself automatically providing the line is stable. I believe this can take up to 10 days.

2. At the moment you will be on the 20CN platform with a service "up to" 8Mbps. Once BT enable your exchange for ADSL2+, you will need to put in a request to Zen to move to the 21CN (ADSL2+) platform. This will allow you to go "up to" 20Mbps.

From what I can remember, the product (e.g. Zen Pro) remains the same, it's just what platform (20CN vs 21CN) you are connected to which determines your speed etc.

Regards,

Stuart

Current ISP: Xilo LLU (via Cable & Wireless)
Previous ISP: Zen (for 9 years).
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Mon 26-Dec-11 13:10:17
Print Post

Re: Seperate Questions: bRAS profile & ADSL2+

[re: aquilla] [link to this post]

Thanks Stuart, that's very helpful.

Cheers,
AP

ZeN 8000 Pro
Draytek Vigor 2600g -> Vigor 2710n

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to