User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dercoss
(committed) Fri 30-Dec-11 16:23:39
Print Post

Fibre Broadband & Wireless Router

[link to this post]

I'm just upgrading to Zen's Fibre broadband and I'm scheduled for an engineer's visit next week. Can anybody give me a bit of help over what hardware is needed. I have tried to contact Zen but things are a bit slow there over Xmas.

I understand that I will have to replace my Netgear DG834 V2 Wireless modem router but as to what I'm a bit confused. Zen mention 2 models the Dreytek which is far too expensive for me and a Netgear WNR2000 which seems to have a terrible reputation, at least on Amazon feedback.

So basically what would anybody recommend I buy and how exactly will things be setup by the engineer? Does he install a new modem and I have to supply the wireless router if needed?

Thanks,

dc
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 30-Dec-11 16:37:22
Print Post

Re: Fibre Broadband & Wireless Router

[re: dercoss] [link to this post]

I've seen this recommended on this site http://search.laptopsdirect.co.uk/laptops/WHR-G300NV

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User dercoss
(committed) Fri 30-Dec-11 17:12:00
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

So it seems that as long as there is a WAN ethernet port like in a cable modem then it should work?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 30-Dec-11 17:15:35
Print Post

[re: dercoss] [link to this post]

That's right, as long as it can do PPPOE authentication. Even a PC can do that with the modem connected.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
  Print Thread

Jump to