User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User knight01
(learned) Tue 06-Mar-12 17:48:28
Print Post

Zen and LLU

[link to this post]

I'm interested in online streaming via Lovefilm/Netflix and Sky will soon be offering their Anytime+ service through any broadband provider.
I'm looking to move to a unmetered broadband to use these services and LLU seems to be the best option and value for money (ADSL24 and Xilo).
Xilo offer a Pro 16 Home upto 16mb with unmetered allowance for £17.99 p/m. And ADSL24 offer via LLU C&W Home upto 24mb unlimited for £19.90 p/m and Premium Plus upto 24mb unlimited for £26.90 p/m.

At the moment I'm on a Zen Active Adsl Max service and through normal browsing (inc. youtube videos) use between 35-45gb of 50gb allowance per month. Fearing I will hit the usage allowance sooner, I haven't signed up for online video/movie streaming or upgraded to the Zen 21CN service.
I've been with Zen many years and would prefer to stay with them than to move to another provide. But with the advent of online streaming and cloud services, together with the 50gb allowance, in my opinion Zen is not value for money anymore compared to few years ago when they were very competitive.

Do Zen have any plans to offer a LLU service either via their own equipment or by using another provider (Be, C&W).

------------------------------
ZeN 8000 Active

[img]http://speedtest.net/result/1560478072.png[/img]
Standard User techguy
(committed) Tue 06-Mar-12 19:34:20
Print Post

Re: Zen and LLU

[re: knight01] [link to this post]

If you live in Leeds, Manchester or Rochdale they do connect you to their own equipment at the exchange but AFAIK this is still subject to the same caps which I can understand as they need to run a viable business and keep the network updated to cope with the traffic.

Someone I know is in the process of moving to Sky because he keeps getting calls from O2 about his excessive usage.

It'll be interesting to see what effect Netflix has on the broadband market, I think it will see the final demise of unlimited tariffs.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User Dave_Evanson
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Mar-12 17:57:43
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

LLU is also available in Oldham.
Dont know about the others but the Rochdale and Oldham LLU is ADSL2+ (i.e. up to 24Mb). The limits are the same.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zen_ijg
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-12 20:19:13
Print Post

[re: Dave_Evanson] [link to this post]

We have unbundled 4 exchanges which are all ADSL2+. A list of exchanges is available here.

Edited by zen_ijg (Wed 07-Mar-12 20:26:11)

ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Thu 08-Mar-12 14:51:24
Print Post

[re: knight01] [link to this post]

Hi

Please can you PM me the phone number that your service is on and ill look into this for you.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User knight01
(learned) Thu 08-Mar-12 15:18:35
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

I live in West London and there are allot of options available here.
This is my exchange
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LWSOU

------------------------------
ZeN 8000 Active

[img]http://speedtest.net/result/1560478072.png[/img]

Edited by knight01 (Thu 08-Mar-12 15:35:39)

Print Thread

Jump to