User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Nutmeg
(learned) Fri 20-Apr-12 21:44:07
Print Post

Upload speed on Fibre?

[link to this post]

My fibre connection was supposed to be upgraded to 'up to 10 Mbps' on the 16th of this month. However speed has resolutely stayed put at approx 1.6Mbps. Download speed is usually about 37Mbps.

Is there something wrong? Do I need to reboot the BT modem? (The BT modem that was supposed to be replaced because it is part of a faulty batch but hasn't been as no-one has contacted me despite the letter from Zen...) Should I do something else?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 21-Apr-12 19:02:38
Print Post

Re: Upload speed on Fibre?

[re: Nutmeg] [link to this post]

Some people who have had the 10 to 20 upgrades have found a reboot of the modem has helped them, so turning off for a minute or two and back on is worth a try

WIth the 80/20 upgrade avalanche it is possible your upgrade vanished into the ether in Openreach

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Mon 23-Apr-12 09:39:27
Print Post

If you are still having an issue, then please PM me so I can look into this for you.

Kindest Regards,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pwhodges
(committed) Mon 23-Apr-12 10:53:02
Print Post

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

My FTTC upload is still only 1.2Mbps after a couple of reboots. frown

Paul
Standard User jrrhoofnest
(newbie) Mon 23-Apr-12 12:40:05
Print Post

[re: pwhodges] [link to this post]

I'm in a similar position. Nearly 40 download synch but upload just above 2. BT speedtest shows upload profile is 10, so the regrade has gone through but has not taken full effect.

There is a post on the Zen forum which says Zen is aware of the issue and has contacted BT
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Mon 23-Apr-12 17:22:14
Print Post

I have a very similar issue. recendly upgraded from 2/40 to 10/40
I can sustain 37mb download no issue, when I test upload the speeds goes to just under 4mb for a few seconds then drops to 1.99mb.
Spoke to support who check the line and all looked ok.
I thought it could be QOS, so i tested with two pcd, not surprising , similar effect , both go up , one to 4.76mb then both drop to approx. 1.09mb after a second or so.
Almost like throttling of some type

Looked at the DD-WRT router and QOS is disabled,

Any ideas???
Andrew
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Mon 23-Apr-12 17:31:14
Print Post

[re: jrrhoofnest] [link to this post]

What's the link, All zen said to me is there have been some delays in upgrades, but my profile have been confirmed as upgarded.
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Mon 23-Apr-12 17:39:34
Print Post

[re: AndrewW] [link to this post]

just found the link
http://forum.zensupport.co.uk/forums/thread/41929.aspx
dosent look good though
comments from Phil (Zen)

Hi there,

At the moment BT don't have a "quick" solution to this. It should update automatically, but in a number of cases it isn't doing (although the regrade has been 'successful' in terms of making the option available).

We're talking to BT to get a solution for customers, but for anybody who is in urgent need of the change we'd recommend contacting Support. It may involve an engineer visit to resolve - which means time off for those using FTTC at home, hence it's best not to take this approach if the upgrade isn't critical to you. Our aim is to get a solution from BT which doesn't require engineers and inconvenience to our customers.

kind regards,
Phil.
-- Phil Long Performance and Process Improvement Manager - Zen Internet Ltd.
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Mon 23-Apr-12 18:41:37
Print Post

[re: AndrewW] [link to this post]

I'd tried reboots before, but I left the modem and router off for 30+ minutes. when i restarted the modem and router the new speeds are shown below

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1911243444.png

FIXED
Standard User Nutmeg
(learned) Tue 24-Apr-12 19:00:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have rebooted the modem, left it off etc etc. No joy. It looks like my regrade is stuck a bit.

I also had an odd email from Zen saying BT had put a 'cease' on my line. A frantic call to Zen ascertained that apparently this was due to the incorrect way the upgrade order was provisioned on BT's side and the way this was flagged internally. Or something. I have also had the email stating that the line is to be regraded further to 76/19 early next month. We shall see!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to