User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MartinBen
(regular) Thu 10-May-12 23:13:22
Print Post

Upgrade fibre questions

[link to this post]

I can finally get upgraded from my rubbish 3mb/s connection to fibre - been waiting on BT since last year - they originally said Dec 2011 then March 2012 then May/June 2012 so been a long wait!

Now I've opted for the Fibre Pro choice but I'm wondering what happens if I ever reach my download limit of 200Gb in any month?

Do I pay x amount more per Gb ?

How easy is it to regrade from Fibre Pro to Fibre Office if I find the 200Gb limit too restrictive?

Edited by MartinBen (Thu 10-May-12 23:14:00)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 11-May-12 13:03:29
Print Post

Re: Upgrade fibre questions

[re: MartinBen] [link to this post]

Limits will be handled the same, i.e. alerts sent out at 50%, 75% and 90% and final when hitting it.

Access then stops until you add more usage, so no unexpected bills should hit you. You can buy extra GB if you think you will only go over a little, i.e. not worth regrading. You can also buy the usage in advance, and unused extra allowance above the 200GB is carried over.

The Pro and Office use the same wholesale services, so just a product change on the Zen side, so easily done.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative Gorskar
(isp) Fri 11-May-12 13:46:44
Print Post

Re: Upgrade fibre questions

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Indeed - Regrades can be placed online at any time in the customer portal, and usually complete automatically within about a day. It will be quicker if no change to the BT line is required, but upgrading from Fibre Pro to Fibre Office will still see a BT modify order placed due to the "Elevated" Traffic weighting from BT on the Office product (see http://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/broadband/fibre-bro... for comparison )

In practise that's just a higher minimum throughput guarantee from BT, and isn't likely to make a real-world difference!

====================================================
cool_James Sweet___________________________________________ cool
cool ZeN Internet Systems Development_________________________ cool
cool ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available. cool
====================================================
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to