User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bdo21
(newbie) Sat 23-Jun-12 17:30:23
Print Post

Router for Zen Fibre?

[link to this post]

My cabinet is due to be fibre enabled in a week or so and I am unsure what it means for the router I should have. I would particularly like a router that works well with Wake-On-LAN (my last few routers have been unrealiable/haven't worked). My understanding is that Openreach provide a modem which I connect to any router? Is there a recommended set of routers? Thank you
Standard User jphilip
(member) Sat 23-Jun-12 17:50:28
Print Post

Re: Router for Zen Fibre?

[re: bdo21] [link to this post]

http://www.zen.co.uk/business/broadband/fibre-broadb...
Standard User bdo21
(newbie) Sat 23-Jun-12 17:57:35
Print Post

[re: jphilip] [link to this post]

Thanks. I had seen this but it wasn't clear whether these were any good (given I have to buy one anyway, I was wary of buying the standard version from the ISP which may not be the best router). I assume the Technicolor TG582n is the suggestion for the 'home' router but I haven't been able to find many reviews online - is it a good router to have? Thank you very much

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Sat 23-Jun-12 20:19:13
Print Post

Any "Cable" router will work. What's your budget?
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Sun 24-Jun-12 12:01:48
Print Post

The 582N is one of the best ones we have sold for a while. I personally recommend them for any home of small business network.

Kindest Regards,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User herbgold
(member) Tue 26-Jun-12 14:13:02
Print Post

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

Having had my Technicolor 582N for a few weeks, I can confirm that it works fine. Although the wireless signal doesn't seem as strong as the Belkin Wireless N it replaced, we haven't had any problem in our newish 3-story town house. And it's very easy to set up - just plug in the cable from the BT modem, basically, and switch it on.
Standard User darkhorizon472
(experienced) Tue 26-Jun-12 21:55:54
Print Post

[re: herbgold] [link to this post]

Also works fine for me after a month or so. Connects at about 50Mbps up and 9.3Mbps down and is completely stable so far even with multiple users streaming media, on line gaming (5ms pings) and doing large file downloads.
  Print Thread

Jump to