User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(committed) Sun 01-Jul-12 17:04:34
Print Post

With a heavy heart.....

[link to this post]

I've requested my MAC today.

My workload at work is increasing daily so I've started to spend more time away from the PC on Xbox live and I've been 'test driving' Netflix and Lovefilm, the latter having a better selection it seems.

Snag is it automatically scales the bandwidth use according to the amount available so its likely I'll hit my cap on Zen quickly.

I'm therefore moving to an LLU unmetered service.

Zen are terrific but I really think they need to look at offering LLU alternatives to BT where available so that more transfer can be offered as I've no doubt your superbly engineered network could cope with the extra traffic.

If you were to offer such a service I would, without quesion be back straightaway,

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User techguy
(committed) Mon 02-Jul-12 09:13:04
Print Post

Re: With a heavy heart.....

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

On second thoughts I'll stay put and see how the usage goes.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
ISP Representative SkyFire
(isp) Mon 02-Jul-12 09:25:53
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by techguy:
On second thoughts I'll stay put and see how the usage goes.

Might not be what you're looking for - but if you log in to the Netflix website you can change the quality options. Figured I'd mention, just in case. wink

ta,
Phil.

--
Phil Long
ZeN Performance and Process Improvement Manager

Please note, I will not respond to unsolicited private messages.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User techguy
(committed) Mon 02-Jul-12 10:14:53
Print Post

[re: SkyFire] [link to this post]

Hi Phil

Yep, found that thanks.

Lots of old stuff on there so that's why I'm thinking of the other.

I'll see how the usage goes as I've got quite a big bank at the moment and I really don't want to leave as out of all the ISPs I have ever used, you guys have been the Ibest.

I've zapped the cancellation request.

Edited by techguy (Mon 02-Jul-12 10:15:38)

Print Thread

Jump to