User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Littleseen
(regular) Sun 05-Aug-12 10:18:51
Print Post

Pat Zen staff on back please

[link to this post]

I do not belong to club that gives Zen a good kicking. (Not even sure that there is any more an ISP which is universally condemned, such is the march of technical progress?)

Always had good support this last 5 years. Here is current example:-

Rec'd e-letter that soon local exchange (023-8089) to be Zen'd, as on Zen Lite don't expect either problems or amazing improvement, your BT landline will be off for about 15 minutes. Dreaded day passed, no drama.

Wife & I have separate standalone towers on XP using Netgear 834 router. After about a week getting on web became sluggish, lots of "not found" reports on trying to send out e-mails. Router normally left on 24/7 but tried switching off, pausing, reactivating, maybe this helped not sure.

Sent well-buttered extra-mild not-a-complaint in-passing comment to Zen technical staff not really expecting a response. Included Zen & Google pings and also traceroutes. But back it came, pronto, personalised, seems I had touched the hem of the orange robe and was immediately healed......

Dare I say it (no you idiot, chancing your arm if you do!) magic unction piped down short remaining length of copper wires, connection stable, speeds back to what they were before, bunnies our burrow breeding again like Billy Stink. This customer's Zen Rating remains Very High

How many ISPs maintain a decent service desk? Would-be migrators might consider this.....

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 05-Aug-12 10:29:41
Print Post

Re: Pat Zen staff on back please

[re: Littleseen] [link to this post]

Ah Fawley. The home of the singing refuse collection operative smile

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User tuff
(learned) Sun 05-Aug-12 12:17:23
Print Post

And once again in English? laugh

In reply to a post by Littleseen:
I do not belong to club that gives Zen a good kicking. (Not even sure that there is any more an ISP which is universally condemned, such is the march of technical progress?)

Always had good support this last 5 years. Here is current example:-

Rec'd e-letter that soon local exchange (023-8089) to be Zen'd, as on Zen Lite don't expect either problems or amazing improvement, your BT landline will be off for about 15 minutes. Dreaded day passed, no drama.

Wife & I have separate standalone towers on XP using Netgear 834 router. After about a week getting on web became sluggish, lots of "not found" reports on trying to send out e-mails. Router normally left on 24/7 but tried switching off, pausing, reactivating, maybe this helped not sure.

Sent well-buttered extra-mild not-a-complaint in-passing comment to Zen technical staff not really expecting a response. Included Zen & Google pings and also traceroutes. But back it came, pronto, personalised, seems I had touched the hem of the orange robe and was immediately healed......

Dare I say it (no you idiot, chancing your arm if you do!) magic unction piped down short remaining length of copper wires, connection stable, speeds back to what they were before, bunnies our burrow breeding again like Billy Stink. This customer's Zen Rating remains Very High

How many ISPs maintain a decent service desk? Would-be migrators might consider this.....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User techguy
(committed) Sun 05-Aug-12 16:42:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Had the time been different I might have suggested the OP had been on the ale/wine or something else entirely (unless they had just come in from an overnight shift which means that 10 a.m. would be their 'evening' or so I was once told by a relative that works nights)

Glad you got good service which I think is what you were getting at but your post reads like something someone who is intoxicated might write or a bot's best efforts.

Hang on, I recognise that style of post from somewhere, you don't post as amanfrommars on The Register do you?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Aug-12 17:32:31
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

iirc Littleseen is in his 80s smile

Zen 8000 Pro
Standard User Littleseen
(regular) Mon 06-Aug-12 09:39:58
Print Post

..and you guys said.....

Ah yes, humour alive & well, am age 83 & can remember lucidity (just)

That aside, had fondly imagined my post sensible, made a point, and revealed joined-up thinking. But maybe brain-cell ping rate now abysmal? Bye +++

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 06-Aug-12 11:49:01
Print Post

Re: ..and you guys said.....

It made perfect sense to me. It reminded me of the Major in Fawlty Towers, who used to miss the odd word out - what? spiffing, top-hole.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User techguy
(committed) Mon 06-Aug-12 13:31:42
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pipexer:
iirc Littleseen is in his 80s smile

*gulp*

No offence meant but his first response was a little hard to read but it was obviously meant humourously judging by his reply.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Mon 06-Aug-12 13:32:49)

Standard User supergrid
(learned) Thu 09-Aug-12 15:57:22
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

I think it's BruceThief37.

Steve

Zen Active
  Print Thread

Jump to