User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nrms
(member) Tue 18-Sep-12 16:59:32
Print Post

Mail gone screwy?

[link to this post]

What has happened to the webmail on Zen?

My Outlook 2003 keeps downloading all the same old messages as duplicates everytime it connects to the Zen mailhost.

Also, when I try to log into webmail it says I am logged in; but also says my password or login is incorrect and I can't see my Inbox?

Is there a problem?
Standard User herbgold
(member) Tue 18-Sep-12 17:07:11
Print Post

Re: Mail gone screwy?

[re: nrms] [link to this post]

Having similar problems - Mailwasher Pro can't log in to POP3 server, can't log in to webmail - same symptoms as you.

Edit: also seem to be getting lots of "not founds" when browsing on the first click; second time I click it works OK. Never happened before.

Edited by herbgold (Tue 18-Sep-12 17:09:34)

Standard User TrishaH
(member) Wed 19-Sep-12 03:11:34
Print Post

[re: herbgold] [link to this post]

I've been getting that issue with browsing too for a week or more - before the email problem today.
Also, along with the connection/not found problem, sometimes I get a plain text page but if I click on the address and enter it loads properly (IE9).

If tried again, the page usually loads properly.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User herbgold
(member) Wed 19-Sep-12 08:10:33
Print Post

[re: TrishaH] [link to this post]

Odd. I'm on Firefox 15.0.1, by the way, so obviously not browser-related.
Standard User athegn
(member) Wed 19-Sep-12 08:23:47
Print Post

I got these this morning on my Thunderbird setup.
Standard User TrishaH
(member) Wed 19-Sep-12 11:02:17
Print Post

Don't know if it's related, but for the first time in ages I tried the pingtest.net recently and it froze up half way through ...wouldn't even close the page unless I did it from the taskbar, and then it kept popping back up each time I opened IE. Stopped when I restarted the computer, but I haven't tried using the site since.
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Wed 19-Sep-12 13:16:50
Print Post

[re: athegn] [link to this post]

Morning all,

Please see the link below:
http://status.zensupport.co.uk/active/7/2773

Kindest Regards,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User herbgold
(member) Wed 19-Sep-12 17:10:53
Print Post

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

Thanks! Could that have been the cause of the "not found" problem that some of us have (had, actually, seems to be OK now) on our browsers?
Standard User TrishaH
(member) Wed 19-Sep-12 19:15:33
Print Post

My browsing isn't OK today and it began long before the email glitch which has been fixed.
In fact, I was thinking about when I noticed IE and the downloading of email was slow or erratic, and it was some time ago.
First noticed it right after some planned BT work caused a disconnect - think it was the week before the olympics began.

Email downloading is fine now but browsing sometimes gives me 'cannot display page' until I try it again. Sometimes happens when browsing within a site.
Sometimes I get images not loading too.

I know this is something other than yesterdays email problem, but seeing someone else had similar problems thought to mention it.
I didn't take too much notice of it at first as I had a deadline to complete some work.
Standard User techguy
(committed) Wed 19-Sep-12 19:47:24
Print Post

[re: TrishaH] [link to this post]

Yes Trisha I noticed the same issue with DNS and opened a thread http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/zen/t/4152131-dns-s... which were apparent from both a PC and Xbox, as you'll see I was told there were no DNS issues.

I tried a router factory reset which had no effect so switched to OpenDNS which seems to have alleviated the issue.

I suspect its one of those annoying intermittent faults.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Wed 19-Sep-12 19:50:17)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to