User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Littleseen
(regular) Mon 01-Oct-12 17:13:43
Print Post

This is what 21CN is

[link to this post]

21CN means 21st Century. It is BT's grand plan to move its network from AXE PSTN to Protocol (IP packet), to be 50% complete by 2008 and secure savings of £1,000 million per year (good dividends for shareholders) at an investment cost of £10,000 million over 5 years. ADSL2+ was intro'd Sept 2005.

Those who are having grief with their now dysfunctional ADSL2+ equipment (as I am) should not anticipate BT replacing it for them so they should buy new routers (as I have today) and look happy about being allowed to underwrite their suppliers costs and assist with BT shareholders dividends. Read about it here:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21CN

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 01-Oct-12 17:31:39
Print Post

Re: This is what 21CN is

[re: Littleseen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Littleseen:
21CN means 21st Century.
Actually it's 21st Century Network
Those who are having grief with their now dysfunctional ADSL2+ equipment (as I am) should not anticipate BT replacing it for them
It's up to the ISP to replace the router, not BT.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Oct-12 17:38:06
Print Post

What has dysfunctional ADSL2+ routers got to do with 21C Network particularly? Equally applies to LLU!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 01-Oct-12 17:46:34
Print Post

The move from PSTN to IP in the core is actually nothing to do with ADSL2+ performance.

My old analogue mobile phone got replaced by a GSM, was there any compensation, no. My TV needed a freeview box, was there compensation no, I needed to adjust car engine timing when unleaded fuel was all that was available the list goes on.

If you want an evaluation of the ADSL modem, then hawk it round to some others who have ADSL2+ (I presume you did upgrade its firmware to the latest version, as this will often remove bugs).

If you wanted to remain on ADSL only you could have requested an ADSL only up to 8Meg profile from Zen.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to