User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User georgema
(newbie) Tue 02-Oct-12 15:21:36
Print Post

Draytek 2920n .vs. Technicolor TG670/672

[link to this post]

I'm looking at replacing my ADSL service with fiber broadband which will mean replacing my existing Draytek Vigor 2800vg with a new VDSL capable router, i.e. running ppoe over WAN Ethernet port if I understand it correctly.

I've seen some positive feedback on the forum re: the TG582n but cant seem to find much information about the Draytek 2920n or the Technicolor TG670 (TG672 includes DECT base). Does anyone have any experience of these two routers re: speed and reliability?

Thanks, George
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Tue 02-Oct-12 16:04:04
Print Post

Re: Draytek 2920n .vs. Technicolor TG670/672

[re: georgema] [link to this post]

Is there any special reason why you are looking for a VDSL modem/router?

These are thin on the ground so a much wider choice is available using the modem provided by OR and just use a "normal" router which has a WAN input?

I use a Billion 7800 which has good wifi and all the functionality I require (and which I already had during my days with BE). Previously used a Draytek 2820 which was an excellent piece of kit but isnt fast enough for an 80/10 FTTC service running at full speed. My daughter at university is using it as a wireless access point on her hall of residence network instead.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User georgema
(newbie) Tue 02-Oct-12 16:30:24
Print Post

Re: Draytek 2920n .vs. Technicolor TG670/672

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Sorry wasn't being clear enough, I don't need the modem part and will use the supplied OR modem. However I do need a router with a compatible WAN port so need to replace the 2800VG. I occasionally use VPN into the house when working away so having a VPN end-point in the router is good, but not essential.

The TG670 is quite a bit cheaper than the Draytek, for very similar features, so looking for feedback from anyone who has used these with Zen service.

Thanks, G

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to