User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User glcmcfc
(newbie) Thu 27-Dec-12 21:01:28
Print Post

Poor........... ZEN Customer Services and email support

[link to this post]

I have to say Zen internet is not looking after its customers like it once was. I have had a ongoing problem now since December 8th. I have been with them for 5 years now and have always been willing to pay the extra money for a better service. Anyway I find out today that after my 10th email to them and no end of telephone calls that the guy I spoke to this morning made no notes on my username profile and when i called again today I had to go through the same thing again. My profile has been messed with and now my speeds are slower than they have ever been, My neighbour has faster speeds and he pays £5.99 per month. I went on chat earlier in the week and used Caps by mistake and was picked up for this by the guy in technical. Funny how they pick that up but cant make notes on the system about my telephone calls. 5 yrs at 40 quid per month. thats nearly £2500 I have paid and I email customer services and complain and dont even get a reply.

Zen you have gone down hill in my opinion. You should treat your customer better and make notes when they call!

If anyone wants to see a copy of the conversation I had then I have it. If I treated my customers this way the company I work for would dismiss me.

Mike is calling me at 6.30 tomorrow so lets hope something gets rectified

Edited by glcmcfc (Thu 27-Dec-12 23:02:15)

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Dec-12 22:44:53
Print Post

Re: Poor........... ZEN Customer Services and email support

[re: glcmcfc] [link to this post]

I am sure if any of the regular zen staff who post on here see this they will get matters escalated for you. Good luck in getting your problem resolved, I know how frustrating it is to have a line speed issue, especially over Christmas when you probably want to get the best out of your connection!

Zen 8000 Pro
Standard User glcmcfc
(newbie) Thu 27-Dec-12 23:00:44
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Thanks for your advice. Its been awful and its got worse ever since they messed about with it.

I would not normally complain through a forum but I can honestly say at this moment in time I would not recommend Zen to anyone.

As I sit here now my speeds are getting worse.

Thanks anyway

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Dec-12 23:15:02
Print Post

Can you describe the problems you've been having and what the diagnosis is? Even though I am curious from the technical standpoint, if Zen staff come along it might help if you have your verdict on the problems here so they can resolve things quicker.

Zen 8000 Pro
ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Fri 04-Jan-13 16:57:38
Print Post

Hi

Im sorry to hear about the issues you have had, can you please message me your account details and ill look into this for you

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ToneDeaf
(member) Sat 05-Jan-13 13:15:57
Print Post

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

Absolutely ridiculous that Zen customers are having to resort to these forums in order to progress resolution of problems AND that certain Zen Customer Services staff are having to run a parallel enquiry (by asking for details via these forums) in order to seek resolution.

Been there also, with all the frustrations, received the T-Shirt, etc., etc. .

I am now also thinking very carefully before a future upgrade of contract with Zen.

Zen Fibre Active 26Mbps/6Mbps
Standard User glcmcfc
(newbie) Thu 10-Jan-13 22:48:26
Print Post

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

Mike i have sent a private message to you and I have to say my issues have still not been resolved. Over a month now and nobody from your customer services have rang me back to confirm am I now happy and have things been resolved. I have dealt with Technical Customer Service but they still have not sorted my problems. If you go into my notes you will see I have rang your team now over 40 times and spoke to no end of different people who dont communicate well with each other, In some instances notes about my discussions were not even made on my profile. I still have issues and these need resolving. The only reason I have not cancelled everything is because I have not had the time and I have always rated Zen before. As they say you are only as good as your last days sale and my service is nothing short of awful at the moment. Deep down I still believe in Zen as a company and product but this has been a testing time and I will give you one last chance to rectify my issue. Thanks
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Fri 11-Jan-13 08:47:54
Print Post

I'll have this chased from a Support point of view. I can only apologise that this has happened and I will do all I can to have it resolved and to make sure it does not happen again.

Kindest Regards,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

Edited by Azzaka (Fri 11-Jan-13 09:17:14)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User glcmcfc
(newbie) Fri 11-Jan-13 20:32:40
Print Post

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

Well what can I say. I was promised a BT engineer before Xmas by Phil at Zen and I have had nothing. It was not even booked. I have disconnection after disconnection and my line is obviously unstable because the SNR margin is being reset every few days. Its gone from 3 to 12. My problem is not the speed its the unstableness of my line. Spoke to Ian tonight at Zen who was very polite and friendly but still refused to get BT to look at it even though Phil had promised me a BT engineer before Xmas. Zen as a company have really gone backwards and they take your money and offer very little support when you truly need it. Does anyone have a alternative supplier... a premium supplier preferred. Please see the notes from other ZEN Customer who like me feel really let down.

by mark at 13:22 on 26 Sep 2010 | registered | 1 postReport abuse
Zen customer servicie is awful. Zen have just cut me off for exceeding my download limit, except I'm a network engingeer and so I got my router logs which proved that I'd not exceeded the limit. In fact I proved that I'd only downloaded 700Meg in a period when they said I'd downloaded 8 gigs.

Worse they made me email a photo of the logs to them from my mobile because they wouldn't even reenable the line so I could email it directly too them. Then they accused me of forging the photo!

I challenged them to enable my line and look at the logs themselves, they refused. I'm currently cut off and only able to use the internet via a mobile dongle. I've been with them 10 years, I've NEVER come even close to exceeding my download limit. That alone should convince them to at least check.

In dealing with them I've found that their network engineers do not understand basic networking and are very rude and insulting (who trains their support staff to call customers liers?).

My advice is to avoid Zen.

by Adam at 12:09 on 3 Feb 2010 Report abuse
Zen used to be great, and the actual BB provision still is.

Unfortunately their previously good customer service and billing team seem to have been replaced in the last year or two with some of the most unhelpful and dimwitted people I have ever spoken to.

It's a pity to see a once useful company spoilt like this, and I hope they'll get their act together again sometime.

Lliam's Comments
Summary: Zen
June 25th, 2012 (Last Edited: June 25th, 2012)
Decent ISP not as good as some suggest.
Biggest flaw and the reason I left them after 3-4 years they give out your personal details with ease.
If anyone contacts them they give out your personal details and in my opinion this is a valid reason never to be a customer.
Support is ok not great better knowledge than most but still pretty limited (by wage structure I assume).
Now I would consider it pretty dated ISP like Bethere.uk lagging way behind the competition. Zen never was going to be a major player which was the reason I joined in the first place.
As I now use my internet purely for mails and even that less so since mobile technology improved Sky is fine.
There are other ISP's that do not shape/manage out there. Zen tends to get a better write-up than they really merit.

IN A NUTSHELL THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY ONCE WERE AND TAKE THE CUSTOMER FOR GRANTED
Standard User glcmcfc
(newbie) Fri 11-Jan-13 21:20:11
Print Post

My instant message trail from Leo at Zen

Not over professional is it. Very sarcastic also.

Leo Goile (11:01:36) : G'Day Gerry whats slow?
GLCMCFC (11:02:03) : my broadband since you guys altered it the otherday
Leo Goile (11:02:23) : Do you have any account details at all?
GLCMCFC (11:04:47) : XXXXXX
GLCMCFC (11:04:58) : XXXXXX
Leo Goile (11:06:05) : no need for the caps, I'll looking at the notes on the account now for you. I'm also looking at the line details. Wont be long
GLCMCFC (11:07:32) : ok sorry for the caps, your companys attitude has changed... dont worry ok.. i will sort myself after xmas
Leo Goile (11:08:48) : Bear with me a moment if you can please
Leo Goile (11:09:09) : there were a few notes on the account
GLCMCFC (11:09:14) : £40 a month for poor service and to be told off my a customer service adviser for using caps by mistake. Instead of picking me up for the caps mistake maybe your company can sort my slow speeds
Leo Goile (11:10:50) : You weren't told off, I said they were not needed. Also I am not a Customer Service Advisor, I am a Support Advisor. The reason I asked you to bear with me, is due to the amount of notes added from when you have called in.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to