User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ImThatGuy
(newbie) Sat 01-Jun-13 14:51:05
Print Post

Dreadful service from Zen - what to do?

[link to this post]

Been a Zen customer for nigh-on 10 years - never expereinced anything like this.

Short version - delayed fibre installation, which doesn't work, left with no internet connection and no prognosis of when we'll get a fix

- 13 May, order fibre regrade and phone; quoted 21 May for fibre, 31 May for phone
- 20 May - call Zen to check fibre isntallation - order not procesed by system. After to-oing and fro-ing, new date of 30 May
- Email confirming fibre installation quotes AM time - 0800-1300
- 30 May, 12:00 - call from installer "had problems on a call, be there 13:30-14:30"
- 30 May 14:00 - call from installation company "his vehicle's broken down, installer wil be with you later"
- 30 May 17:30 - call from (different) installer "I'll be there by 18:30"
- 30 May 19:30 - installer shows up.
- 30 May 2000 - installtion completed, no internet connection
- 31 May no internet connection - many conervsations with Zen Tech support; fault raised with BT; no time to fix estimate
- 31 May - call Zen customer servcie to register comlaint "Someone will call you back within an hour" - no call back
- 1 June - no internet connection

Zen accept no responsibility for the installation delays, nor apparently for the fault. Not sure what I'm paying them for if I have no service and they have no responsibility

Like I said, been with Zen for many years - never experienced anything like this - is this typical now? Any suggestions as to what else to do get service back and some form of redress?
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sat 01-Jun-13 15:49:17
Print Post

Re: Dreadful service from Zen - what to do?

[re: ImThatGuy] [link to this post]

Sounds like BT Openreach/their contractor have let you down rather than Zen although as ofcom let BT hide behind the ISP you can only deal with the ISP unfortunately and that's the case no matter what ISP you are with.

Have you got no synch with the exchange (no DSL light on the Openreach modem) or are you just not able to authenticate with Zen to get Internet access?

Have you spoken to technical support today?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Jun-13 16:10:38
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Thats the point though If BT openreach or one of its sub contractors lets the customer down they have let down the ISP as they are Openreaches customer , And therefore as far as the customer is concerned the ISP are in some way responsible, And if ISP's started claiming compensation against openreach for bungled installs or no shows , then things may improve, But as it is they don't seem bothered by being let down by OR or BTW

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 01-Jun-13 16:12:07)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ImThatGuy
(newbie) Sat 01-Jun-13 16:42:24
Print Post

There's sync with the exchange, but Zen can't see the router attempting to connect.

BT Openreach haven't given Zen an update since yesterday, and Zen tech support don't expect anything before Monday. Apparently the investigation is with the BT AOC team.

I know that Zen are dependent on BT, but I'm Zen's customer.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sat 01-Jun-13 16:48:01
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

I doubt very much its a case of Zen not caring though as in any organisation there may be a few that don't.

I'd expect BT's contracts with the ISPs have lots of get out clauses so there's probably not a lot of scope for claiming compensation from them for cases like this.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sat 01-Jun-13 16:50:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by ImThatGuy:
There's sync with the exchange, but Zen can't see the router attempting to connect.

BT Openreach haven't given Zen an update since yesterday, and Zen tech support don't expect anything before Monday. Apparently the investigation is with the BT AOC team.

Sounds like someone somewhere has made a configuration snafu so the traffic isn't being routed to Zen correctly.

I take it the userID and password are in the router correctly?

Yes you are Zen's customer but as you say they are dependent on the old dinosaur that is BT.

Not with fibre and not with Zen but have been in a no connection situation which had to be escalated to BT and it took them a week to fix.

Edited by techguy (Sat 01-Jun-13 16:53:36)

Standard User ImThatGuy
(newbie) Sat 01-Jun-13 17:38:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by techguy:
In reply to a post by ImThatGuy:

Sounds like someone somewhere has made a configuration snafu so the traffic isn't being routed to Zen correctly.

I take it the userID and password are in the router correctly?

Yes you are Zen's customer but as you say they are dependent on the old dinosaur that is BT.

Not with fibre and not with Zen but have been in a no connection situation which had to be escalated to BT and it took them a week to fix.

Yes, password etc checked and rechecked. Tried 2 different routers just in case.

I'm not suggesting that Zen doesn't care - I'm sure they do. But that doesn't matter if they can't deliver the service - which is what I need.
Standard User CecilWard
(newbie) Sat 01-Jun-13 20:22:07
Print Post

> what to do?

switch to A&A - http://aa.net.uk/broadband-trial.html

I can't imagine using anyone else. I have been a Zen customer too, they were fine for me.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Jun-13 09:04:14
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

if ISP's started claiming compensation against openreach for bungled installs or no shows

They do.

ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Sun 02-Jun-13 22:49:08
Print Post

G'Day Mate,

Can you shoot me your details please.I used to be in support and as such I'll see if there is anything further we can do to help resolve the issue.

Kindest Regards,

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Service Assurance Engineer
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to