User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User withpeople
(newbie) Thu 13-Jun-13 14:48:50
Print Post

Mac Code Timescale

[link to this post]

Submitted a request for a Mac code from Zen at 09:05 on Monday - now Thursday and still waiting to receive one despite lengthy phone call to follow up the reason for leaving.

What are other people's experiences of getting a Mac code from Zen Internet?

Paul
Standard User Damoxuk
(learned) Fri 14-Jun-13 18:53:18
Print Post

Re: Mac Code Timescale

[re: withpeople] [link to this post]

How did you submit the code? Phone or Customer portal (if portal where abouts can't find any links).

I'll be going Plusnet in August and would like to see how far in advance i'd need to get the MAC code myself.

Reason is simply although Zen have been brilliant, I need a Fibre/phone package and well Zen would be over double the price and money is tight.
Standard User withpeople
(newbie) Mon 17-Jun-13 07:58:42
Print Post

[re: Damoxuk] [link to this post]

I submitted the request for a MAC code to Zen on a Monday morning using the customer portal. I also followed the on screen advice to call them the following day.

After a conversation about why I wanted to leave it was agreed to close my account and issue the required MAC code.

Ofcom require ISPs to deliver codes within five days. My code was issued by email on the Friday - almost five days to the minute.

There's no facility on the website portal to see the code - it's a shame such a good service tarnishes it's reputation by not integrating the delivery of Mac codes in to the customer portal.

I have to say I have been very pleased with the service and support from Zen Internet - I am leaving as they don't offer the service I currently require - if they did I wouldn't be moving.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(committed) Mon 17-Jun-13 11:48:34
Print Post

[re: withpeople] [link to this post]

I have always had a mac immediately via the phone when requesting it, of via email very soon after. The mac is generated instantly, but many hang on for the full five days 'because we can', some even longer. If questioned, some say 'it is just to give you time in case you change your mind', which is a total hogwash, as getting a mac and using it within 30 days or not, is plenty of time to change your mind. It does nothing other than strengthen the resolve to leave,

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User Damoxuk
(learned) Mon 17-Jun-13 21:48:43
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Aye ok then i'll contact via email later next month so i'll have MAC code in time for early/mid august to use with another ISP.

Zen however have been brilliant these past 7 years and like the original poster says it's only because they don't offer the service I require (high bandwidth/good pricing).
  Print Thread

Jump to