User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User athegn
(member) Sun 23-Jun-13 08:52:00
Print Post

May regret leaving Zen

[link to this post]

I may have shot myself in the foot?

Because 02 have not renewed their BT Openzone contract I have lost a useful part of my wifi usage when on the move with my mobile phone; in London been quite useful.

I noticed that BT Infinity gives me access to many more wifi hotspots for my mobile (including a few near to my recent trip to The Netherlands; 02 did not cover that) and there is a good deal just now; my wife's looking forward to her £100 voucher.

So I am moving on 27th June. Up to the day I ordered Infinity the repair to my line, thanks to Zen's input - http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/zen/f/4242325-junct... - seemed to have worked.

However we have now had a period of rain and guess what, I am getting more drop outs.

I will wait until BT transfer my line to fibre to see if it is the analogue wiring at the cabinet that is at fault (my cabinet is in a "watery" location - the road often floods there). If not I hope that BT will be a good as Zen in getting someone to carry on investigating my line, if the drop outs continue?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 23-Jun-13 08:58:25
Print Post

Re: May regret leaving Zen

[re: athegn] [link to this post]

Moving to BT Infinity certainly sorted out all the line faults I was getting. What did they estimate your speed will be?

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User athegn
(member) Sun 23-Jun-13 09:23:21
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

25.5Mb*
Download speed

5.7Mb*
Upload speed

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 23-Jun-13 09:35:02
Print Post

[re: athegn] [link to this post]

You must be a long way from the cabinet.. 900m or so. Still, much better that ADSL. Good luck.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User athegn
(member) Sun 23-Jun-13 10:06:24
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yes; I reckon nearly 800 metres and I have been told there is some splicing along the way!
  Print Thread

Jump to