User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User deepdishdj
(learned) Thu 27-Jun-13 17:54:20
Print Post

Is Interleave on?

[link to this post]

Hello. My zen fttc connection states that interleaving is set to auto I assume that means it is on ?

The reason I ask is because my OR modem re-syncs at least once a month (6 times this month) and the speed increase or decrease is very small and almost seems pointless but I assume this would be the reason as to why I have been stuck on interleave for the best part of 5 months.

I very rarely turn the OR modem off (once this month) in the hope that it will revert back to fast path. My ping has been slowly increasing from a steady 18ms in feb when I had fttc installed to 36ms now.

Should my connection re-sync as much as this and would this also be responsible for me not being switched back to fastpath?
Standard User cssuk
(regular) Fri 28-Jun-13 07:40:10
Print Post

Re: Is Interleave on?

[re: deepdishdj] [link to this post]

zen have zero control over DLM, i have recently left zen due to the exact same reason i had 75+ and 16+ Mb both ways and live literally 100m from my cabinet with a brand new line yet i was put on interleaving my pings also went from 12-14 in the uk on games servers to 24-28, nothing zen can or will do at least in my case despite the fact i was sure DLM was working over zealously and thats controlled by OR not Zen, my new connection 2 weeks on is perfect so far, they will also push back at OR on these issues whereas my recent experience at Zen was they wont.
ISP Representative SkyFire
(isp) Fri 28-Jun-13 12:52:15
Print Post

Re: Is Interleave on?

[re: deepdishdj] [link to this post]

Hi,

That volume of re-syncs wouldn't result in DLM taking any action - on the "standard" profile, which is applied to all our FTTC orders, DLM wouldn't take any action based on re-syncs unless it sees around 10 or more within a 48 hour period. If previously your connection has re-sync'd more then DLM has likely applied action to prevent that - including interleaving - and the low level of disconnections you've seen are just typical xDSL operation.

Alternatively, errors, rather than re-syncs, occurring on the line could by why DLM has applied interleaving.

The "standard" profile is the least aggressive DLM profile available, so therefore least-likely to apply interleaving, so if it's applied there aren't any options to address it.

Interleaving can not be disabled on a line, as Openreach don't provide any facility for any ISP to do this. It can be removed from a line through an engineer visit, but that would only occur if a fault was the cause of it being applied (and it wasn't automatically being removed when it should have). If there's no fault condition the engineer visit would be chargeable. We are attempting to get answers from Openreach on why this isn't a customisable option (it is on ADSL services) and if there is no technical limitation on this will push to get this made available.

kind regards,
Phil Long

--
Phil Long
ZeN Performance and Process Improvement Manager

Edited by SkyFire (Fri 28-Jun-13 12:52:43)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to