User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MindlessMuppet
(newbie) Thu 01-Aug-13 16:31:50
Print Post

Issues with our "Supplier"

[link to this post]

I've not been a customer of Zen for sometime, until my recent new installation that has gone terribly wrong, but I've notice a subtle terminology change in communication with Zen. As Zen is buying service from BT's infrastructure it is curious how Zen customer service goes out of their way to avoid saying we are having issues with BT, but rather say they are having issues with their "Supplier". When questioned if it is BT that is causing the issue, they will "fess up", but will still go to the party line of "Supplier" rather than "BT" in any subsequent conversation with them.

Has the mere mention of BT as a dependancy of getting any type of good service from Zen been that horrible where Zen customer service needs to use word play to to avoid using the dreaded "BT" acronym?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Aug-13 16:38:02
Print Post

Re: Issues with our "Supplier"

[re: MindlessMuppet] [link to this post]

BT may be the wrong word sometimes, as if the issue is the copper local loop then its actually Openreach

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Fri 09-Aug-13 19:47:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Openreach and BT Wholesale are divisions of BT Group so technically the same company but the term is most probably used generically as they will probably have to deal with both to get an issue fixed,

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Fri 09-Aug-13 19:50:51)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 09-Aug-13 22:19:46
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

with their LLU network there will be cases where BT Wholesale are involved and others where they are not. Potentially 3rd party backhaul providers too.

I would prefer ISPs to refer to "their suppliers" rather than imply end users should be calling BT as often happens. Implies some sort of ownership.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
  Print Thread

Jump to