User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User suiy
(regular) Sat 14-Sep-13 15:18:48
Print Post

Erp what to do

[link to this post]

Sorry for posting on here smile

Yesterday I had fibre installed by a contractor for bt which in itself is going fantastic But I have been left without a dialtone on my landline. Now i phoned support yesterday on a friends mobile phone and did as advised and took the faceplate off and plugged my phone into the main socket but I am still not getting a dialtone people can ring the line but I get nothing.

I cant phone anyone about this because no phone, and mobile phone coverage here is terrible lucky if I get 1 bar. But i don't know who get in touch with from this point. Do i tell Bt its a landline fault as my line is with them or does someone from Zen need to pick this up ? hope someone can awnser this ?

so far Zen have been awesome I must say and I am really happy with the service and getting a nice 75meg down 20 up smile

Many thanks from Gavin smile
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 14-Sep-13 15:38:47
Print Post

Re: Erp what to do

[re: suiy] [link to this post]

You can do it online https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faul...

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Standard User eckiedoo
(member) Sat 14-Sep-13 20:14:05
Print Post

You should report it as a Voice/Land Line Fault to your PHONE Provider.

If you do NOT pay a Land Line Rental directly to BT, then you should report the fault to ZEN on the assumption that your Land Line Rental is wrapped up in your ZEN BB Contract.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Sat 14-Sep-13 20:46:10
Print Post

you can use skype to phone freefone numbers

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Mon 16-Sep-13 08:37:33
Print Post

Good Morning,

Im sorry to hear that you have been left without a working phone line since your upgrade to fibre.

Can you please PM me you account details and ill look into this for you.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Mon 16-Sep-13 12:14:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by suiy:
Do i tell Bt its a landline fault as my line is with them or does someone from Zen need to pick this up ? hope someone can awnser this ?

If your voice line is with BT (and you have said it is) then report it to BT (you can do this on line).

Since it appears to have been broken by the FTTC install you could report it to Zen as well.

Either way it will almost certainly require a BT OpenReach call as the problem sound like a botched job at the street CAB linking the line from the exchange with the FTTC signal from the DSLAM.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
  Print Thread

Jump to