User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User beavis82
(newbie) Wed 18-Sep-13 15:03:43
Print Post

Regrading to ADSL2+

[link to this post]

Hello,

Our local telephone exchange was recently upgraded to ADSL2+ so I contacted Zen to regrade my package. I was called back the next day by Zen and was told that ADSL2+ was not available in my area yet. After explaining that my workplace (a couple of minutes walk away) have just been regraded automatically by their ISP (BT) the Zen rep explained that the reason I couldn't get ADSL2+ but my workplace could was because we were connected to different cabinets, and that our cabinet had not been upgraded yet. He said it was due to be upgraded in the near future.

I didn't realise that the cabinets had to be upgraded for ADSL2+ - I thought that this was only the case for fibre? Is anyone able to confirm that this is the case?

I have checked our local exchange on the Plusnet exchange checker web site which states that ADSL2+ is available. I've also checked my line with the BT Broadband availability checker which also states that ADSL2+ is available. Interestingly the Samknows site doesn't say that it's available, and instead still shows the estimated activation date of 31st August.

Do I need to switch to another ISP to get ADSL2+? I'd be grateful for any feedback about this smile
ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Wed 18-Sep-13 16:43:16
Print Post

Re: Regrading to ADSL2+

[re: beavis82] [link to this post]

Hi,

Im sorry about the issues you are having, please can you PM me your details and ill look into this for you.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User beavis82
(newbie) Wed 18-Sep-13 16:51:48
Print Post

Re: Regrading to ADSL2+

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

Thanks for the quick reply! I have sent you a PM.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to