User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Oct-13 18:05:14
Print Post

18185 and other cps & zen line rental

[link to this post]

I have been weighing up my options regarding line rental ,currently i'm with BT retail
But due to their announcement of price increases i'm looking at alternatives

So i would probably be looking at the line rental with caller id, but what i would like to have clarified is ,
Does zen in any way block or charge for the using of carrier pre-select services such as 18185 to make cheap or free calls ?
Standard User stevejm
(member) Thu 03-Oct-13 18:18:20
Print Post

Re: 18185 and other cps & zen line rental

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

See this post from earlier this week. You may also want to ring sales for them to confirm this for you.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Oct-13 20:45:03
Print Post

[re: stevejm] [link to this post]

I made a comment there, From what the OP says Zen are charging for CPS calls surely this can't be right? As i said on the other thread, From info found i think on another forum, where a rep from plusnet answered a similar question to someone who was enquiring if plusnet blocked CPS services to the likes of 18185

And IIRC the reply was no they didn't block calls to services such as 18185 or charge any fees for using them, As the CP in this case BT i think (BTW line) and the CPS provider agree a fee between themselves for these calls, but the SP don't charge the customer, otherwise they would be in effect charged by both for calls ,negating part if not all any savings made, I occasionally use 18185 for calls outside the UK , as BT's prices are a rip off, as are most other CP's prices

I have already contacted Zen sales, but after the call i was still left in some doubt as to if or not zen would charge for use of 18185 or not. it's a simple reasonable question IMO therefore i feel warrants a honest and concise answer hopefully from someone from zen so a straight yay or nay will suffice , thanks in advance

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 03-Oct-13 20:50:26)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Fri 04-Oct-13 09:02:08
Print Post

Good Morning,

Please allow me a little time to look into this and ill come back to you.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User attercliffe
(newbie) Tue 03-Dec-13 11:40:44
Print Post

Hi tommy45. Did you ever get an answer from Mick Bolton at Zen?
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Dec-13 13:15:42
Print Post

[re: attercliffe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by attercliffe:
Hi tommy45. Did you ever get an answer from Mick Bolton at Zen?
Errr ???? nope ,not so far
(isp) Fri 06-Dec-13 09:09:05
Print Post

Sorry my mistake, I've sent the question to our product manager and ill be back shortly smile

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN are recruiting!
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(isp) Fri 06-Dec-13 10:18:20
Print Post

Hi all,

We do not support 18185 or CPS on our phone lines.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN are recruiting!
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Sat 07-Dec-13 11:54:01
Print Post

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

Mike,
That's not the message that i believe i was give during phone conversations with zen when i took out the contract ( sure you still have the recordings) not about 18185, but generally about other providers for international calls . That was also one of the reasons i moved away from BT i.e i still had that flexability. I believe i was told that there are supported and there is only a cost if there was a cost to call the number i.e if it was free from bt then its free from zen.
No body from Zen has ever corrected any of these comments on the forum even though zen staff monitor this forum.

Also could you please answer the question i asked earlier about the prefix numbers which are free or included in the unlimited minutes, I did also chase via pm but was ignored.

Andrew
(isp) Mon 09-Dec-13 11:27:30
Print Post

[re: AndrewW] [link to this post]

Hi,

Please can you IM me your account details.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN are recruiting!
  Print Thread

Jump to