User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nrms
(member) Tue 19-Nov-13 14:16:00
Print Post

Overcharged on Broadband Prices?

[link to this post]

I signed a 24 month contract back in March 2013 for Zen Fibre Office broadband (400GB allowance monthly; 76 Mbps down 20 Mbps up) at £66 inc VAT per month.

I noticed today that the same Zen Fibre Office product is now being advertised at £54 inc VAT per month to new customers.

Has this been reduced recently and if so, why am I being still charged £66 per month and can I expect to continue being stiffed at the higher rate for another 18 months?
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Nov-13 14:35:16
Print Post

Re: Overcharged on Broadband Prices?

[re: nrms] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nrms:
I signed a 24 month contract back in March 2013 for Zen Fibre Office broadband (400GB allowance monthly; 76 Mbps down 20 Mbps up) at £66 inc VAT per month.

I noticed today that the same Zen Fibre Office product is now being advertised at £54 inc VAT per month to new customers.

Has this been reduced recently and if so, why am I being still charged £66 per month and can I expect to continue being stiffed at the higher rate for another 18 months?

You are being charged £66 because that is the Contractual agreement between yourself & Zen - hence there is no overcharge.

Presumably you wouldn't query it if Zen were charging new customers £100, or would you have expected your charge to increase?

Regards,
John
ISP Representative SkyFire
(isp) Tue 19-Nov-13 14:36:49
Print Post

Can you post the link to this please? I can only find the ADSL service at £45 +VAT (£54), I can't see the equivalent Fibre service so wonder if that's hidden somewhere, or whether you've just seen the above and assumed it's Fibre Optic Broadband?

We differentiate ADSL services and FIbre services by referring to ADSL/ADSL2+ as "Broadband" and Fibre services as "Fibre Optic Broadband".

regards,
Phil.

--
Phil Long
ZeN Performance and Process Improvement Manager
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nrms
(member) Tue 19-Nov-13 15:14:15
Print Post

[re: SkyFire] [link to this post]

http://www.zen.co.uk/business/broadband/fibre-optic-...

It does say Broadband Only Packages (click the bit near the bottom where it says "Show Broadband Products"). Since this just extends the same page, which is showing the business Fibre and Phone Packages, I assumed they were also priced for the Fibre product. If these are ADSL not Fibre then the webpage as laid out is confusing; and also if this is the case then the product I am currently on (Zen Fibre Pro @ £66) doesn't appear on the website anywhere .
Standard User nrms
(member) Tue 19-Nov-13 15:17:37
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

My recollection is that the contract didn't specify the price would stay fixed at £66 per month; so yes, I assumed it could / might go up or come down in price during the duration of the contract, though going up to £100 per month does seem rather unlikely given the current state of the market.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Nov-13 15:42:47
Print Post

The nearest equivalent of Fibre Office in the current Zen packages is Unlimited Fibre 2 but this is a rather different product. The headline price only applies if you take the line rental option - if not, you need to add £4.50 to the VAT exclusive price shown. Unlike Fibre Office, it does not include priority on the Openreach network, though this has been shown to be of little benefit.

You can move to Unlimited Fibre 2 once your existing minimum contact period has expired.

Standard User nrms
(member) Tue 19-Nov-13 17:25:33
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

We are already on Zen Talk and paying line rental to Zen
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Nov-13 17:44:52
Print Post

You are in a contract on defined terms with a minimum contract period that does not expire until May 2015. The launch of a new and different product (which is based on a different wholesale product, without the priority your Fibre Office product enjoys) does not affect those terms.

You can move to Unlimited Fibre 2, but only by paying an early termination fee. This is unlikely to be a viable solution for you.

Zen have taken the commercial decision not to allow existing customers to move to the new deals without penalty.

ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Thu 21-Nov-13 10:10:31
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Hi,

Please can you send my your account details and ill look into this for you.

In you message you state your on Fibre office and then on Fibre Pro

Please advise

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Nov-13 12:15:48
Print Post

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

Though I'm sure it's obvious from the context, I'll leave nrms to PM Mick - I've no problems with my account.

I've always found Mick helpful, and am sure he will do what he can to help.

Print Thread

Jump to