User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Corona
(member) Tue 26-Nov-13 12:54:07
Print Post

FTTC broadband only

[link to this post]

Dear All

What are the niceties in receiving FTTC broadband ONLY?

I have no BT line at all in my new home (cable only) and will require such for Zen or FTTC via BT Infinity.

Zen has a £4.50+VAT penalty/premium option to do just that (or so I misunderstood). One does in reality have to have a working BT line, simply paying the line rental to BT itself or another retailer.

Andrews and Arnold, or so glean from.their website, allow a truly broadband only - with a modem only faceplate - and a £10 premium (monthly).

Is this option at the discretion of the provider, is AA unique - or am I comparing apples with bananas?..

Apologies if question banal..
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 26-Nov-13 13:00:54
Print Post

Re: FTTC broadband only

[re: Corona] [link to this post]

AA is simple charging £10 per month for voice line rental and you can find cheap WLR deals from others around that price particularly if willing to pay 12 months in advance.

The Zen FTTC will require a voice line rental, and if you take this via Zen then Fibre Unlimited 1 is £27 for BB plus £15.44 for the line rental. The premium you mention is if you have your voice line rental with another provider.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Corona
(member) Tue 26-Nov-13 14:43:16
Print Post

Re: FTTC broadband only

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you..

I believe that with the AA service no (outgoing) calls included but I could be wrong. No doubt the fee simply to pay for line rental they necessarily incur by another name.

AA FAQ:
New phone line installation for broadband use.
Installation of a new phone line for broadband use. No outgoing calls. Includes broadband only use modem lead faceplate. Broadband or FTTC install cost also applies. £100†

Home::1 Add-On: Phone line for broadband usage
Phone line provided to support broadband service. Not usable for calls. Residential grade line. Otherwise a BT phone line is needed at your cost. £10 pcm†

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to