User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-Jan-14 09:23:39
Print Post

Self install FTTC coming to Zen?

[link to this post]

BT Wholesale launched FTTC self install from the 31st December 2013.

This means provisioning can be done without an engineer needing to visit customer premises.

Does anybody know whether Zen will be offering this any time soon, if at all?

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Thu 02-Jan-14 10:33:23
Print Post

Re: Self install FTTC coming to Zen?

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Hi,

This is something we are looking at offering in the future, however we are just trialling it with some staff orders at the moment and if successful we will be launching it to our customers.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User trolleybus
(member) Thu 02-Jan-14 13:07:12
Print Post

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mickbzen:
Hi,

This is something we are looking at offering in the future, however we are just trialling it with some staff orders at the moment and if successful we will be launching it to our customers.

Yep, I could have done a self install myself but SO glad I had an engineer visit as the line had a fault that would have dragged the speed down. Fresh good pairs found after several hours had passed. master socket attended to and modem screwed up on the wall. IMHO the financial saving by a self install is false economy.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-Jan-14 16:21:51
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In my case I know the pairs are good up to the cabinet as I used to have leased lines on them smile

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Standard User ka71
(regular) Mon 06-Jan-14 10:41:38
Print Post

I'd be interested in the self install option.

If it's offered by Zen in the future, which modem/router would the customer be supplied with?
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Mon 06-Jan-14 12:57:48
Print Post

[re: ka71] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ka71:
I'd be interested in the self install option.

If it's offered by Zen in the future, which modem/router would the customer be supplied with?

As will I provided they offer the option for both self install with CPE hardware - I don't want/need any more devices.

If Zen don't offer the self install with no requirement for a BT/ISP provided router I will be taking my home line to another provider who does as a test - my customer sites will then follow.
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Feb-14 14:07:45
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

I don't need any more devices either. As soon as Zen offers self install without supplying a BT Openreach modem I'll order FTTC from Zen for home use.

I manage four other Zen FTTC connections and not one uses the Openreach modem. There haven't been any problems. Two of these services have been running for more than a year.

At home I have a Mk2 service specific faceplate and a Cisco 887VA already configured and tested to work on Zen FTTC services.

Any progress on staff tests, Zen?

Sarah

--

ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Fri 07-Feb-14 09:31:44
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Hi,

We are currently still in the testing phase, however i will post on here as soon as i have any more information.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 07-Feb-14 10:31:25
Print Post

Can I recommend adding an option to post out a VDSL faceplate with a sheet of instructions.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Fri 07-Feb-14 12:47:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That seems an eminently sensible idea smile

Sarah

--

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to