User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User StanByk
(learned) Thu 09-Jan-14 08:47:43
Print Post

12 month contract only

[link to this post]

Hi everyone,

do you know why the new Fibre products are available with a 12-month contract only?
I am a long time zen customer and have always been on a 1 month contract until I got Fibre last February.
In February this year I will consider changing over to Unlimited 2 as it will be cheaper than what I am paying now, but it will tie me into another 12 month contract.

Do you know why they are doing this?
Is it simply because of making more money or is there another reason behind that?
Note: I already had fibre with zen for a year now. All I want to do is change to a different fibre product.

Thanks a lot!
Robert
Standard User lexden16
(member) Thu 09-Jan-14 09:00:15
Print Post

Re: 12 month contract only

[re: StanByk] [link to this post]

Why don't you ring Zen Sales and ask them? FWIW, I didn't think that a new 12 month commitment was too much to 'pay' for an increase from 100GB per month to Unlimited combined with a monthly price reduction. All that said, if 30 days notice is key for you then you may wish to wait. On the Zen forum, there is a suggestion that bandwidth for customers on old FTTC contracts is about to be increased.
ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Thu 09-Jan-14 09:17:04
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Hi,

I can confirm that if you are moving to one of our new products you will be asked to join a new 12 month contract as you are changing the product you are on.

I can also confirm that we are changing the usage allowances on our old fibre products too and if you are on Fibre Active it will go up to 200GB cap on the 01/02 with no extra cost to yourself.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative SkyFire
(isp) Thu 09-Jan-14 09:40:07
Print Post

Re: 12 month contract only *DELETED*

Post deleted by SkyFire
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User StanByk
(learned) Thu 09-Jan-14 11:51:53
Print Post

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

Hi Mick,

Thanks for letting me know.
I am currently on Fibre Pro with a 200GB cap paying around £45 per month.
So I guess this means that I will have to keep my current contract if I want to be on a monthly rolling contract?

I remember when I initially got fibre a year ago the reason you could only offer 1 year contracts was somehow related to BT? Is this still the case or was it just a decision by Zen to move away from the one month rolling contracts for fibre?

Thanks a lot,
Robert
ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Thu 09-Jan-14 12:01:43
Print Post

Hi,

It's a Zen decision to apply a new 12 month contract if you move off one off our capped products to one of our unlimited products as you are going to be receiving more broadband for less cost in your case.

However you can remain on Zen Fibre Pro and have a 500GB cap from the 01/02 at no extra cost to yourself and keep your current contract arrangement, that means once your contract is up it reverts to a one month rolling contract.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
Standard User StanByk
(learned) Thu 09-Jan-14 12:09:59
Print Post

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

Thank you for clarifying this Mick!
Regards,
Robert
  Print Thread

Jump to