User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bigbadpirate
(regular) Sun 26-Jan-14 01:14:19
Print Post

zen internet

[link to this post]

[censored] useless. as useless as bt openworld was 12 years ago. zen 21029.

took you weeks to open a fault, WEEKS. tang hope your proud.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Sun 26-Jan-14 01:20:28)

(regular) Mon 10-Feb-14 16:06:45
Print Post

Re: zen internet

[re: bigbadpirate] [link to this post]

so apparently contention with the exchange is the issue, no mention of this before today. someone here might be able to shed some light on this but i always thought if contention was an issue slowdown would occur but not to the extent that my router test page shows the internet disconnecting, gateway disconnecting and no dns on both 212.23.6.100 and 212.23.3.100

i cant even stream internet radio on the lowest settings without buffering. 75mb/19mb connection when it's testing ok then dropping off to nothing. nothing nada not a single kb going either way. yet the bt openreach modem doesn't drop and the adsl light doesn't go out on the 582n that's still in warranty.

point blank refusing to swap out the router they supplied me back in April stating it's not their responsibility im quoting the last tech guy i spoke to 45mins ago.

so lets see what the fault manager has to say when he calls me back within the hour. only another 10 mins to wait till that callback is missed like numerous times before. don't tell me someone will call me back within the hour if you have no intention of doing so.

how the hell did you lot get a witch guide recommendation?

its been since around the 27th of december since this problem has been ongoing and it's either your router or BTs problem. you took another £35.40 out of my account on the 5th feb for a service that i cant use without problems.

iv'e had enough, either give me a service that works or release me from my contract- i'll find a supplier that's interested in getting me an internet service. you and i both know if this was a 1 month rolling contract i'd have had a mac code off you 3 weeks ago.

anyone got Richard Tangs email addy? i just found Gavin Pattersons.

edit : so another 20 mins without internet after i clicked "post" that's just decided to right itself and of course no callback from the fault manager at zen.

paul just called back to let me know fault manager is dealing with it. both fault and complaints dept will ring me back within the hour. lets hope the complaints dept don't shut at 5pm eh.

thank you Paul for getting back to me just now, router being sent out and bt will have an update on vp capacity issues at the Bangor (nw) exchange in morning.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Mon 10-Feb-14 17:16:24)

Standard User Ripley
(committed) Mon 10-Feb-14 18:09:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by bigbadpirate:

witch guide

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN
ASUS RT-AC66U

Edited by Ripley (Mon 10-Feb-14 18:16:11)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User flippery
(committed) Mon 10-Feb-14 18:54:14
Print Post

[re: Ripley] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ripley:

witch guide

And the point of your post is? Other than you can "spell"
(regular) Mon 10-Feb-14 19:19:29
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

i just replied to one of his posts on the WHICH isp residential forums wink something i would probably not have done till he posted here.
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Mon 10-Feb-14 20:21:34
Print Post

Suppose its all down to individual users experience with a particular ISP.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

ASUS RT-AC66U
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Mon 10-Feb-14 20:27:31
Print Post

Have you tried it with the modem connected directly to your computer?

Take your router out of the equation and see what performance you get...

ASUS RT-AC66U
(regular) Mon 10-Feb-14 21:25:37
Print Post

thank you i hope so too. I'm still going to push for an early end to my contract because of all this. i have no wish to be a customer of Zen internet any more. i don't really care if it is BTs fault, I've felt like I've been fighting to get Zen to do something about this - they would have let BT close this fault weeks ago if i hadn't insisted they didn't. when i spoke with technical on the 31 Jan they were told that if this issue was not resolved by now what the consequence would be and what i wanted if this wasn't resolved by now.
(regular) Mon 10-Feb-14 21:58:21
Print Post

yes tried pppoe directly to the openreach modem and all seems ok - technical are still adamant that the router is not at fault yet at the exact times im reporting problems they can see packet loss and i suppose an increased latency when they ping my router. so maybe they are right that its a contention issue at the exchange which leads me to - how the hell are BT being allowed to pile so many people onto an exchange that it makes the internet unusable for some people for 30 mins at a time. the cynulliad down in cardiff paid quite a lot of money to BT to roll out fibre in this area and this is what we end up with a few months later!

Zen only found out that the problem might be with vp contention on friday. they have had all this information from my connection for weeks, surely someone looking at all this info at zen could have worked that out long ago and pointed it out to BT as a possibility. anyway zen are sending out a router so we can at least remove that possible problem from the equation fun-illy enough just after i posted here today, probably a coincidence or at least i hope so.

pulsenet exchange checker shows my exchange on green as of a report on 31 jan but looks like a few others have "checked" my exchange as its close to the top of the list so other people are checking - for a reason i suppose. that's on 20cn- no idea if that's what fibre users get put onto.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Mon 10-Feb-14 22:40:35)

Standard User Geordish
(newbie) Mon 10-Feb-14 22:25:51
Print Post

Zen only found out that the problem might be with vp contention on friday.

For the sake of accuracy, there is no such thing as a vp (virtual path) on 21CN. That is a part of ATM which hasn't been used for a long time.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asynchronous_Transfer...

The 21CN network is all IP.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to