User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Fri 28-Feb-14 12:40:23
Print Post

Migration to Unlimited Fibre 1 - £30 activation charge?

[link to this post]

I emailed Zen sales (through their website enquiry form) some months ago now with this question, but as of writing, have yet to receive a response. So now asking here instead.

My current FTTC contract is soon to be finished in around a months time. I am looking at migrating the phone line and FTTC broadband to Zen, either landing on Zen's Unlimited Fibre 1 or 2 package.

My question is simple. For the UF1 package, there is a £30 activation fee. Does this apply to migrations coming from another ISP?

I ask simply because speed is not really important to me (at least nothing above the first tier 40Mb FTTC speed), so if there is no migration charge, I'll probably go with UF1. However, if there is, it makes sense to probably go with UF2 with free activation which is £3 a month more expensive, equating to an extra £36 pounds over 12 months, meaning I will probably quite happily pay the extra £6 difference and go with UF2.

Thank you.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6+40Mb/FTTC)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?

Edited by mixt (Fri 28-Feb-14 12:41:56)

Standard User lexden16
(member) Sat 01-Mar-14 09:24:10
Print Post

Re: Migration to Unlimited Fibre 1 - £30 activation charge?

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

When I migrated in to Zen FTTC 18 months ago, there wasn't any charge; however, things do change. I would give Sales a ring as they are always extremely helpful. FWIW, my Zen connection has hardly missed a heartbeat. My downstream speed varies very little and mail has been faultless.
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Mon 03-Mar-14 09:45:50
Print Post

Re: Migration to Unlimited Fibre 1 - £30 activation charge?

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Just off the phone to Zen sales. The £30 activation charge only applies to new installs. Since no new install is required (as it's just a migration), there is no £30 activation charge.

So looks highly likely that I'll be jumping from A to Z next month, going with Zen's UF1 package.

EDIT: For the sake of £36 extra over a year, I may well go with UF2 instead. Line checker seems to indicate 63.4/19.9 speed estimate for my line.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6+40Mb/FTTC)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?

Edited by mixt (Mon 03-Mar-14 11:02:19)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to