User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Thu 27-Mar-14 20:26:29
Print Post

questions about LLU sync profile adjustment

[link to this post]

Hi

I am a happy returning broadband customer (I only left because I was exceeding the usage limits then in force and the BTW DLM drove me crackers)

My LLU DSL circuit was activated yesterday and am very happy with the speed and very low latency, my question is do the Zen MSANs slowly increase the sync profile over time if the line is stable or do I need to reboot my router every so often?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
ISP Representative SkyFire
(isp) Fri 28-Mar-14 10:28:28
Print Post

Re: questions about LLU sync profile adjustment

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Hi,

There's no automatic line-management on the Zen LLU platform - so there won't be any adjustments of the profile made as a matter of routine.

ta,
Phil.

--
Phil Long
ZeN Performance and Process Improvement Manager
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Fri 28-Mar-14 10:33:16
Print Post

Re: questions about LLU sync profile adjustment

[re: SkyFire] [link to this post]

Ok

Its pretty darn good already and definitely a vast improvement over when I was last with Zen for broadband and was subject to DLM as I have a high attenuation line which an OR engineer measured at 3km.

Cheers for the reply Phil.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to