User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User paperclip
(newbie) Fri 28-Mar-14 16:26:42
Print Post

Possibly moving to Zen Fibre 1

[link to this post]

I'm currently on adsl24/coms and I'm looking to move. I'm mulling over Zen as a fibre option. The 12 month contract is daunting though.

I'm on the Bermondsey exchange. I see that their fibre 1 business package works out to be cheaper than the home version. Is anyone on this package, how are things?

Also, what webspace is available, if any?

I'll have to get a new router, which is fine as I'm wanting to upgrade anyway. What models work well with Zen? Wireless, multiple devices, streaming and downloading are my usage needs.

AOL > Homechoice > Freedom2surf > ADSL24 > Coms
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Mar-14 19:17:20
Print Post

Re: Possibly moving to Zen Fibre 1

[re: paperclip] [link to this post]

* 12 mths contract. It is only daunting the first time. After you have done this one time, its not a problem. The assumption is you are staying in the same house for >12 mths, then no problem. If its less, you pay a graded exit fee.
* Cost of business is less than home. The business costs are ex vat so you need to multiple those costs by 1.2
* Router, any one you choose that works with the BT FTTC service, so that's most that will either operate as a cable modem or even better have a vdsl set. You can always just plump for one of those mentioned on the zen web site

IanD
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Fri 28-Mar-14 19:42:43
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
* Cost of business is less than home. The business costs are ex vat so you need to multiple those costs by 1.2

This doesn't make sense. UF1 (home) comes in at £42.44 pm including VAT, which consists of £15.44 pm for line rental and £27 pm for broadband (inclusive of VAT).

UF1 (business) comes in at £47.40 pm including VAT, which consists of £22.50 pm for line rental and £17 pm for broadband (both exclusive of VAT). So the business package is more expensive.

Not sure what the difference in price represents though - probably care level of the line and possibly traffic priority/minimum traffic throughput of the line during peak times. Worth clarifying with Zen.

EDIT: Business package is actually cheaper if you are VAT registered and able to claim back the VAT.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6+40Mb/FTTC)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?

Edited by mixt (Fri 28-Mar-14 19:55:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Mon 31-Mar-14 08:35:37
Print Post

[re: paperclip] [link to this post]

Hi,

If you are able to PM me some contact details i can ask a member of the team to call you and go through the best options for you and also answer any questions you may have smile.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to