User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Dualcore
(newbie) Thu 15-May-14 19:54:45
Print Post

No more worries

[link to this post]

My woes seem to be ended. I bought a new fibre-in-the-cabinet router it being a TP-LINK gigabit 300 Mbps "n"-rated with 1 WAN and 4 LAN + usb with wired and wireless which provides instaneous e-mails (instead of a full minute). Both puters are back to full results and my wife's iPad also works

I got rid of the Technicolor TG582n which worked on ADSL but was s-l-o-w as soon as I went fibre yet it was sold to me as being fibrous........

Tonight's speeds are HTTP 38.9 average download with burst at 58.9 --- TBB download was 24 for average and burst. The upload was 5.4 being burst at 6

So it was the hardware, who would have thought I had the wrong router

Me dim as an 85-year-old Toc-H lamp
ISP Representative SkyFire
(isp) Fri 16-May-14 09:28:26
Print Post

Re: No more worries

[re: Dualcore] [link to this post]

Hi,

The issue was a hardware fault, rather than an incompatibility between the 582n and Fibre, so it's not a case of having the wrong router. I thought I'd clarify as in normal circumstances you wouldn't have had problems; unfortunately the one you had happens to have developed a fault.

In any case, glad to hear things are now working properly.

kind regards,
Phil.

--
Phil Long
ZeN Performance and Process Improvement Manager
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User flippery
(committed) Fri 16-May-14 09:43:04
Print Post

[re: Dualcore] [link to this post]

From your previous posting. The fault may not have been a hardware one. The router would not have worked correctly, unless it had been reset to factory defaults on transfer to fibre.
The new router was at factory defaults and would have connected correctly.
However, shows that there was nothing wrong with the zen fibre network.
Hardware?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Dualcore
(newbie) Sat 17-May-14 10:29:59
Print Post

[re: SkyFire] [link to this post]

Thankyou Phil, you have often helped me via Zen, well done. £47 for a new router, it is blindingly fast, Bingo! Bruce +++

Me dim as an 85-year-old Toc-H lamp

Edited by Dualcore (Sat 17-May-14 10:31:15)

Print Thread

Jump to