User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sun 25-May-14 21:19:28
Print Post

Correct MTU value for Zen LLU ADSL

[link to this post]

Had a connection drop last night (no beef there, it happens) but on the system log of my router when renegotiating the connection it shows the message 'couldn't increase MTU to 1500'

In the connection profile MTU is set to 1492 but what should it be?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Mon 26-May-14 06:48:43
Print Post

Re: Correct MTU value for Zen LLU ADSL

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Depends on the modem with our connections.

We (support) suggest an MTU of 1500, however some modems will only 1492 or 1478.

Enable PING and the modem 'should' adjust the MTU accordingly.

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Service Assurance Engineer
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Mon 26-May-14 16:17:05
Print Post

Re: Correct MTU value for Zen LLU ADSL

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

Hi Leo

Many thanks, WAN Ping is enabled so I'll let the router and exchange kit work it out.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to