User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User skalaberg
(newbie) Thu 10-Jul-14 10:33:31
Print Post

Zen you are frustrating me

[link to this post]

My exchange was upgraded to fibre several weeks ago now and i'm looking to upgrade from ADSL2+.

I've been with Zen for more years than I care to remember and have always had no problem paying that little bit extra for the first class service but the current offerings are just a mile apart from some of the competition at the moment.

Plusnet for example are offering unlimited 38meg for 7.50/month for 9 months then 14.99, 14.99 line rental and a free router+ free activation.

Zen want 27/month, £17 line rental, the netgear 2200 router is £50 (pc world sell it for 39) and £25 activation on top.

Sky has some great offerings too and I'm struggling to justify the massive difference to stay with Zen here.

Zen.... do you have any offers coming up that i should wait for?..
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Thu 10-Jul-14 15:53:02
Print Post

Re: Zen you are frustrating me

[re: skalaberg] [link to this post]

The obvious question is; do you want cheap, or quality?

That said, PlusNet do look very attractive on price, and their support seems quite good, all things considered.

That said, they're a part of BT. So one of the big ISPs that has(?) to do what the government tells them. Purely to protest against the nanny state - I'll pay the extra as long as I can afford it!

Cheers,
AP

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
Standard User sjdean
(member) Thu 10-Jul-14 17:02:21
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

I've just signed up for PlusNet and Im already regretting it. I've signed up to have line rental. Trouble is, nowhere on the portal does it tell me that Im even signed up for a phone package or that my existing number will be maintained. There's no email support with them.

I can't setup a static IP in advance which means I lose control of my systems unless I find someomne with a static IP add their IP in, then get my static IP and add my new IP into their system. They've already billed me a month in advance despite my connection not starting until 24th June, and they're saying I won't go live until the 25th!

Awful. Im actually thinking of taking advantage of the 14 day cancellation policy just to have peace of mind because I have absolutely no faith in PlusNet at the moment.

CompuServe > PIPEX > Demon > BlueYonder > plusnet > Be*

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Jul-14 18:22:22
Print Post

[re: sjdean] [link to this post]

Don't forget to update your signature smile
It looks like you've been with PlusNet before...

Standard User sjdean
(member) Thu 10-Jul-14 20:42:11
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

Do I have to update my signature? I haven't switched yet. I'll give them to Monday to answer my query. How safe is it do you reckon, to cancel a migration and re-use the Mac code and hope they don't cut your number off?

CompuServe > PIPEX > Demon > BlueYonder > plusnet > Be*
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Jul-14 21:46:25
Print Post

Only teasing... Your Sig. says you are currently with Be?

Standard User STeeP
(committed) Mon 14-Jul-14 12:15:34
Print Post

If you can buy the router for £39 in PCWorld, then do it, there's no reason why you have to buy from ZEN.

I've been with ZEN since before Adam built the ark purely because they offer the best service. I found out a long time ago that you get what you pay for.

----------------------------------------------------------
Air Attack, the finest online game ever invented!
visit http://www.airattack.co.uk and http://www.tsqn.org
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Mon 21-Jul-14 12:58:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by sjdean:
Do I have to update my signature? I haven't switched yet. I'll give them to Monday to answer my query. How safe is it do you reckon, to cancel a migration and re-use the Mac code and hope they don't cut your number off?

Not sure you can reuse a MAC, but what does a Plusnet Troll (apparently) like me know. There are views of others. http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/t/4343809-d...

Zen Business Talk - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Jul-14 19:06:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by skalaberg:
Plusnet for example are offering unlimited 38meg for 7.50/month for 9 months then 14.99, 14.99 line rental and a free router+ free activation.

It's now £15.95 for plusnet line rental

Edited by adslmax (Thu 24-Jul-14 19:07:12)

Print Thread

Jump to