User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WishPerfect
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Aug-14 22:28:41
Print Post

Two weeks since fibre install and...

[link to this post]

The connection reliably achieves between 73Mbps and 77Mbps and was a pain free install. I've been with Zen for years and I would recommend them without a pause. I know it isn't the cheapest (and I think it's a bit harsh placing a monthly surcharge if you don't take the line rental) but they've always been nice to deal with.

I know some folks will get a faster connection than this but as long as it is reliable I couldn't complain.

"My God...it's full of stars"

"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the wickedest of men will do the wickedest of things for greatest good of everyone" J.M.K
Standard User Dave_Evanson
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Aug-14 20:50:14
Print Post

Re: Two weeks since fibre install and...

[re: WishPerfect] [link to this post]

Same here – switched to Unlimited Zen Fibre 2 just over two weeks ago and had a solid 77Mbs ever since.

I had seen a post saying the surcharge is dropped after the 1 year contract expires – don’t know if that’s correct though.

Edited by Dave_Evanson (Thu 07-Aug-14 20:55:02)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Aug-14 22:44:41
Print Post

[re: Dave_Evanson] [link to this post]

Do u mean throughput speed of 77Mbps? If so, I don't believe it. Because the FTTC is capped IP Profile of 77.4Mbps but the throughput will be varies between 73 and 75Mbps.

Edited by adslmax (Thu 07-Aug-14 22:45:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-Aug-14 19:00:31
Print Post

I would think they'd drop the charge, it is a bit spoiled of them to place it anyway. I said things went well, but my Netgear router died completely, no lights, nothing! Still my Back up router working just as well. smile

"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the wickedest of men will do the wickedest of things for greatest good of everyone" J.M.K
Standard User lexden16
(member) Fri 15-Aug-14 09:08:41
Print Post

Why would they? Zen is both a BB and a phone provider and one could argue that it offers a discount to customers who sign up for both products. Twelve months ago, I was paying them more than I am now for a phone and 100Gb FTTC service. I now get my phone and unlimited BB for a £1 less.
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Aug-14 14:12:36
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

I suspect they would to retain the business, they are very much aware there are cheaper providers (even if they reduced the price by the £5 surcharge.) And it is a competitive market, it isn't such a leap to assume they would compete.

I'm happy you think you have a good deal.

NB I don't mean that in a sarcastic way!

Edited by WishPerfect (Fri 15-Aug-14 14:14:20)

Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Fri 15-Aug-14 16:39:58
Print Post

It's not a surcharge, it's a lack of discount. This is the same thing that all the ISPs do with bundled products! smile

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
Standard User Scottish_Pete
(member) Fri 15-Aug-14 20:29:17
Print Post

Been a month since I switched to Unlimited Zen Fibre 2 from the ADSL2+ Package and not had any problems. Speeds normally about 70Mbps.

My only quibble is the line rental. Went from Home Talk Plus to Line Rental Plus and increased by about £5+VAT, no mention of this when I ordered over the phone, so it feels like I got no line rental discount for having both LR and BB through Zen. I did query this with an email to billing, a month ago, but as of yet not had a reply.

So what I though was a £5 upgrade from Zen Active to Unlimited Fibre turned out to be a £10 upgrade because the line rental increased as well.

Scottish_Pete

Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 connected to Local Exchange
TBB SPEEDTEST
Standard User Dave_Evanson
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Aug-14 20:03:29
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Sorry for the late reply – I was just going off what the thinkbroadband speed tester reported as the average speeds.

The results are:-

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14082...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14080...

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 16-Aug-14 22:32:56
Print Post

You are running an av suite that creates the large burst at the start and gives a slightly higher result overall as a result. Kaspersky?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to