User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User deezel
(newbie) Fri 15-Aug-14 10:03:37
Print Post

Night speeds

[link to this post]

Since joining Zen about a year ago my internet at night time is terrible, would this be exchange congestion ? I was with Enta before and it was never this bad at night
Daytime is ok , here's 2 speed tests from last night when it's bad and this morning when it's fine

Day http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Night http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

John
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Aug-14 10:09:35
Print Post

Re: Night speeds

[re: deezel] [link to this post]

8.15pm is close to sunset, is it bad while sun is still higher at 7pm?
Sunset changes RF noise situation, hence asking.

If there are no answers from other Zen users possibly just exchange based, I see similar with IDNet at the moment but others get decent speeds. Maybe BT Wholesale network has segments of it where there is congestion, or just individual exchanges.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jphilip
(member) Fri 15-Aug-14 11:28:57
Print Post

What exchange are you on ? From the upload speed it looks as if you are still on ADSLMax. I assume you are using cabled connection to the PC during the tests.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User deezel
(newbie) Fri 15-Aug-14 13:39:05
Print Post

[re: jphilip] [link to this post]

Exchange is NESLN market 1 , ADSL max only and I don't use a wireless connection ,also using a Filtered Faceplate with cat 6 cable from faceplate to modem .

Day time is fine i'm getting 7000 + kbps all day , it's just night time it's total rubbish
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Aug-14 15:35:37
Print Post

IPStream Max is more likely to see congestion these days, I don't think BT Wholesale pay the same attention to it as they used to.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User agkq62
(regular) Fri 15-Aug-14 16:46:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I am with Zen Pro and have exactly the same problem, exchange Brandsby MYBBY.

My neighbour uses BT and his connection speed barely alters on an evening. Presumably BT have there own priority through the system.

The Brandsby exchange is shortly to be enabled for Fibre, when that happens will it make the situation any better? I am too far from the exchange for the fibre to work.
Standard User caley
(member) Fri 15-Aug-14 17:13:01
Print Post

I was with Zen for 1 month in February this year and my daytime speeds were around the 6mbps mark but oh the evening speeds were abysmal sometimes reaching the giddy heights of 0.5mbps. I lasted 1 month and moved to Xilo on their Pro (LLU - TTB) and now I can achieve 15.05 all day and evening. It wasn't Zens fault the speeds were terrible but congestion at our exchange which was worse in the evenings.

Caley

Lost a Pet?
Remember them forever at
Caley's Pet Remembrance Tributes
www.petremembrance.co.uk
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Aug-14 19:10:16
Print Post

[re: caley] [link to this post]

I left Zen a while back because of this very same problem, now on Enta via Vivaciti and speeds are constant all day.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14044...
Standard User deezel
(newbie) Tue 19-Aug-14 21:04:24
Print Post

Thanks for replies every one , looks like i'll be going back to Entanet , if this gets any slower it will stop , really bad tonight !
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Aug-14 21:25:57
Print Post

I thought Entanet were the wholesalers?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to