User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User fatnbald
(learned) Wed 27-Aug-14 23:31:37
Print Post

Upgraded to pro and speeds halved.

[link to this post]

I have upgraded from Zen active (running stable between 14-16 M down and 1M up) to Zen Pro today and my speeds have dropped back to where they were at prior to the 21CN upgrade 18 months ago.

I only upgraded to get more bandwidth as my three teenage offspring are knocking at the door of the 200GB limit every month.

I can only assume I have been pegged back to " standard" ADSL something pretty much confirmed by my speed tests of around 8Meg I do not get why as it was just a bandwidth change with an identical service. Will be on to tech support tomorrow but has anyone here seen the same issue?

Fatnbald
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-Aug-14 23:41:54
Print Post

Re: Upgraded to pro and speeds halved.

[re: fatnbald] [link to this post]

What are the modems connection speed figures now?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fatnbald
(learned) Thu 28-Aug-14 00:13:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,
They are around 8M down and 0.3 up.

The line data taken from the zen page is showing a similar down shift, previousy it was
up 1187 down 13637 sync rate 15457
and now it is
up 448 down 7170 sync rate 8128.

I assume I will just have to go through the 2CN regrade again but having already had it applied and stable for 18 or so months I did not think it would move backwards with just what is effectively a bandwidth allowance increase.

ho hum, just goes to show assuming is not the way to go smile

Fatnbald

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fatnbald
(learned) Thu 28-Aug-14 00:39:08
Print Post

[re: fatnbald] [link to this post]

Just spotted the problem, user (me) error, I selected Zen8000 pro as my upgrade as my existing service was zen8000active (according to my portal info) I have just had another look and there is another option for an ADSL2 product called pro. Not the clearest bit of info as my account was running ADSL 2 speeds on zen8000active.

Ho hum you live and learn, then forget and have to to through it all again wink

Andy

Fatnbald
  Print Thread

Jump to