User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Dualcore
(learned) Tue 16-Sep-14 14:43:33
Print Post

LPT1

[link to this post]

Easy for you, diff for me as I have had a stroke

My wife has her stand-alone pc with a modern Epson USB2 printer which does work.

We both had a Hewlett-Packhard LPT1 printer with a gizmo to swop back & forth and I still have same on my own stand-alone pc. When she went USB2 & the Epson printer then I removed physyically her LPT1 connection and deleted the HP material --- and the Epson USB2 does work --- but it always defaults to HP on the non-existent LTP1 on her pc. She then has to go to <file> and swop from LPT1 to USB2 which will always defaunt back to LPT1 when she again switches on

How can I rid her of the LPT1 connection ? Thanks.

Me dim as an 85-year-old Toc-H lamp

Edited by Dualcore (Tue 16-Sep-14 15:46:01)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 16-Sep-14 20:21:50
Print Post

Re: LPT1

[re: Dualcore] [link to this post]

This printer got nothing to do with Zen?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 16-Sep-14 20:26:38
Print Post

[re: Dualcore] [link to this post]

It's still maybe set as the default printer on her PC. Go to Control Panel \ Printers and set the correct printer as the default.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Sep-14 21:27:57
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

No, it's a Windows query.

@OP: There is no HP material for driving a printer from an LPT port; that's done by Win. Any HP material would be extra utilities (bloatware?) for using the printer for pictures, probably called HP Photosmart.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to